Two Jugs And A Sugar Bowl

18 Feb

Does what it says on the tin, really. Didn’t have anything interesting to draw today as I spent most of it down at the Print Workshop, printing up a block print and a drypoint and I forgot to take photos of what I did to blog. So I grabbed these and stuck them on a blanket on my pouffe [had to push Ming the Merciless off first. She went off in a huff]. Quickly sketched them because I’m trying hard to draw everyday, no matter what other artwork I’m doing. It’s not easy. Those wobbly ellipses and the foreshortening – oooof! Especially the little fat jug at the back. People are so much easier to draw. Maybe I should force myself to do some still lives for practice – or penance lol 🙂

Better go and apologise to Ming the Merciless now. Cats have ways of getting revenge!

9 Responses to “Two Jugs And A Sugar Bowl”

1. Hellopalz February 21, 2012 at 06:50 #

Your sketches are very natural and casual, the hashes and shades are fun to watch!
    I like the stars on the jugs and bowl.

• Rosie Scribblah February 21, 2012 at 09:58 #

Thank you 🙂 They’re fun to do and quite relaxing at the end of the day because they’re for me, not for exhibitions or anything important 🙂

2. Hansi February 19, 2012 at 16:44 #

I’ve really been enjoying the series of sketches you’ve been posting lately. Makes me feel good that I’m not the only ones posting quick ‘sketchy’ stuff.

• Rosie Scribblah February 19, 2012 at 21:55 #

Thanks Hansi. I think it’s an important part of professional practice to sketch and to let the public know what we do to keep improving our skills. I think of speed sketching as our equivalent of a musician practising their scales. A lot of people seem to think that our ability comes from out of nowhere, and don’t appreciate the amount of time and work we put in to honing our abilities.

3. ziggyshortcrust February 18, 2012 at 22:58 #

I like these, I like wibbly wobbly. Before I saw the sketch I did wonder if “Two jugs and a sugar bowl” was going to be an analogy for something 😉

4. timruane24 February 18, 2012 at 21:31 #