That! Pesky! Kitteh!

27 Oct

My cat Sparta sometimes hijacks my computer and writes her own blog. This really annoys me because apart from the mucky paw prints on the keyboard, her blogs get about three times as many readers as mine! The CHEEK of it! And she manages to creep into my artwork too. I was working with an artist / model friend to develop this mixed media piece when Sparta, as a kitten, came charging into the room chasing a ball of paper. And ended up in the final piece (detail above).

And here she is again, creeping into a photopolymer plate intaglio print! The little minx! And she’s managed to get into the Winter Show at Oriel Ceri Richards in the Taliesin Centre. Next month. Maybe I’ll make some money out of her – to replace the curtains she shredded. And the rat traps we had to buy to catch the rodents she keeps throwing at my feet. And the toaster that Ming The Merciless (my other kitteh) threw up into. Maybe………

13 Responses to “That! Pesky! Kitteh!”

1. notes to the milkman October 28, 2012 at 20:22 #

Which of you has signed the print in the Winter Show?

2. Hansi October 28, 2012 at 14:20 #

I actually follow Sparta’s blog. A lot of what she says makes sense to me. Does she draw?

3. therealbitzymum October 28, 2012 at 10:38 #

Beautiful piece, Sparta reminds me of another kitty in that top piece. Think it’s in Cardiff museum. No idea so don’t ask, but there is something there that is wiggling about in my brain 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah October 28, 2012 at 21:37 #

ooo I’ll have to look it up….. is it a Gwen John maybe?

• therealbitzymum October 29, 2012 at 10:31 #

could be, shall consult little sis as I think she has a postcard of it 🙂

• therealbitzymum October 29, 2012 at 21:04 #

Yes it is!

• Rosie Scribblah October 29, 2012 at 21:59 #

I vaguely remember Gwen John and kittens…..

4. jenniferloftis October 28, 2012 at 00:58 #

The cat’s coat is vivid with the light brown against black!

• Rosie Scribblah October 28, 2012 at 21:38 #

Thanks – not a bad resemblance to the little furry feline felon lol

5. iangoldsmith October 27, 2012 at 21:23 #

Really nice work. Love the diagonal band of brighter colours in between the more muted colours.