Art-In-A-Box

17 Jan

17 box 2

I’ve not blogged for a couple of days. Dad-in-law’s funeral was yesterday and I haven’t really felt like doing anything arty but last week I was working flat out on this piece-in-a-box for Art’s Birthday – which is TODAY. Organised by Locws International, my work has been installed along with 9 other pieces-in-boxes in the Oxfam bookshop in Castle Street in Swansea. It was based on some drawings and digital photographs I took of the Berlin holocaust memorial in deep snow a couple of years ago.

17 box 1

I did a drawing in Faber Castell Pitt pens (various sizes in black) onto Mark Resist (Mylar) film, 20 inches square and mounted it about one-third inside the box. I printed out a lightened version of the first drawing I did of this topic, a couple of years back, and stuck segments of it to the interior walls, leading the eye into the main drawing. Finally I printed out the original digital photograph and stuck it onto the side of the box. Oh and Husb mounted an LCD light inside so it can be seen at night. Very different from my usual work.

8 Responses to “Art-In-A-Box”

1. allesistgut January 18, 2013 at 14:17 #

Sad that your father-in-law died. My condolences, too. And I like your art work. Looks pretty cool. Have a nice weekend!

• Rosie Scribblah January 18, 2013 at 18:29 #

Thank you for your condolences. And for your nice comment about my work 🙂

2. jhv57 January 18, 2013 at 14:16 #

Really like this-

• Rosie Scribblah January 18, 2013 at 18:30 #

Thank you Judith – it’s given me lots of ideas on how to take it further 🙂

3. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law – I can relate to this as my own father died last summer. I love the post it reminds me of a project had to do when I was in art college.

• Rosie Scribblah January 18, 2013 at 18:29 #

Thanks for your condolences. So sorry about your father.

4. Helen Cherry January 18, 2013 at 00:21 #

Sad about your father-in-law.. my condolences..