Heads In Transit 1

15 May

15 head plane 1

I spent long hours at airports on my way to and from my recent artist residency in Boise, Idaho and I scribbled the time away. It’s a good place for studying heads. Here are two of them.

15 head 2

They are drawn into my tiny, leather-bound steampunky sketchbook, using a Faber Castell Pitt drawing pen, size SX.

This artist residency has been supported by Wales Arts International and Arts Council Wales.

image

12 Responses to “Heads In Transit 1”

1. Russell. May 17, 2013 at 02:19 #

Good stuff Rosie! I tried to draw a man today who was wearing two pairs of spectacles, he really had me flummoxed, Russell. (Still shying away from the shoe shop.)

• Rosie Scribblah May 17, 2013 at 08:27 #

Thanks Russell. TWO pairs – hmmmmm. That’s a challenge.

2. paperstew May 16, 2013 at 16:00 #

I agree with Anna, the first image is great. Surprising the old gent gave you so much difficulty. You seem to have a way capturing OAP’s so well! Looking forward to more scribbles!
    πŸ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah May 16, 2013 at 16:51 #

Yeah – I normally don’t publish my mistakes LOL. But these are on the same page, so I’ve been busted πŸ˜€

3. Hansi May 16, 2013 at 14:47 #

You really captured people at their best…sleeping on a long transcontinental airline filght.

4. allesistgut May 16, 2013 at 07:58 #

You’re a really great artist. Like your work so much! Greetings.

5. anna warren portfolio May 16, 2013 at 01:43 #

I especially like the first one.

• Rosie Scribblah May 16, 2013 at 07:23 #

Thank you. He was harder to draw, you can tell by the abandoned attempts πŸ™‚

6. llamadean May 15, 2013 at 23:35 #

Oh cool! I have a series of drawings similar to these on my blog but I call them ‘Bus Heads’! They’re a great way to pass the time on a long journey! πŸ˜€