What’s Inside?

19 Jun

19 silbury

After Husb and I visited Stonehenge on our way back from Brighton at the weekend, we swung North West to travel cross-country past the Avebury prehistoric complex. We drove round a corner and saw Silbury Hill at close quarters. It was jaw-dropping. It’s right by the road and it’s enormous. Makes you wonder what’s inside it. It’s part of the Avebury complex of ancient monuments. It’s drawn with Faber Castell Pitt drawing pen size F in sepia into my pink silk recycled sari sketchbook.

13 Responses to “What’s Inside?”

1. Helen Cherry June 21, 2013 at 23:57 #

Ah the lovely Silbury Hill.. when we were students nurses at Pewsey Hospital, not far from here, there were many times we climbed Silbury ( when there was still complete access in the early 70’s) One time I remember we went up and drank scrumpy Cider while some people played guitar and we all sang into the dawn.. it was magical.

2. ziggyshortcrust June 20, 2013 at 09:50 #

There’ll be elves in them there hills 😉

3. anna warren portfolio June 20, 2013 at 08:38 #

I grew up not too far from there, and the mysteries of Silbury Hill and Avebury have always fascinated me. It is very ancient country.

4. allesistgut June 20, 2013 at 08:07 #

Now I’m curious what’s inside!! 😉

5. marystreasurechest June 20, 2013 at 07:06 #

Yes, I have often wondered too what is inside that big hill? Let’s get a shovel and start to dig!!!

6. Sonja Benskin Mesher June 20, 2013 at 06:17 #

i like silbury hill *

• Rosie Scribblah June 20, 2013 at 11:04 #

It’s amazing. I’d never seen it before

• Sonja Benskin Mesher June 20, 2013 at 17:46 #

i love the shape, i like hollow hills X