Recycle and Reed

12 Nov

12 mari

Here’s the last drawing I did at the most recent life drawing session at Swansea Print Workshop. I worked on a piece of paper that had an image by an artist who has been working at Mission Gallery. Shaun James had produced a load of drawings and was giving them away. So I took a couple and thought I’d recycle one by working his abstract imagery in with my figurative drawing. I like to work onto paper that’s had something done to it – I don’t like the tyrrany of white space. I did a quick drawing of our model using a thick reed pen and Indian ink. The paper is about size A3 so the pen was rather big for it, but I like the way that forced me to keep the detail to a minimum and the line simple.

10 Responses to “Recycle and Reed”

1. Helen Cherry November 15, 2013 at 00:10 #

Interesting .. I like the way you have combined his image with yours..

• Rosie Scribblah November 15, 2013 at 00:15 #

Thanks. I’m going to try and make my own reed pens….

• Helen Cherry November 15, 2013 at 00:43 #

Oooo what a great idea..

2. Alli Farkas November 13, 2013 at 01:38 #

This worked out really well!

3. notes to the milkman November 13, 2013 at 01:38 #

BTW what is the status of the fund raising online auction? You said something about mid-November.

• Rosie Scribblah November 14, 2013 at 11:25 #

The work has been sorted and photographe and they’re just about ready to go online – any minute now and thank you so much for the three prints – they are lovely 🙂

4. notes to the milkman November 13, 2013 at 01:37 #

I love using reed pens. I live near a lodge where reeds grow so I can always go and cut a new one!

5. Cat Among the Pigeons November 12, 2013 at 22:00 #

You have worked that abstract image well into your drawing; kind of like a chair but also a bit skeletal and full of movement. Really nice combination.