Another Digital Nude

21 Feb

1392932352575

We always finish with a long, one-hour, pose at Thursday night’s life drawing group at Swansea Print Workshop. I couldn’t be bothered to pack my drawing bag, if I’m honest, so I just took my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet and used the free Markers app. I’m learning more and more about the digital approach as time goes on. I started by laying down a background, overlaying several translucent colours with my finger – white, grey, beige and white again. Then I drew the figure and surroundings with the stylus, keeping my pallete restricted to sepia, olive, sanguine, grey and white with a splash of pink, varying the limited brushes to achieve different lines and pressures. I saved at several stages – never forget to save – I lost a few drawings in the early days – they just disappeared! The act of saving also gives you a little slideshow of the progression of the drawing too.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

10 Responses to “Another Digital Nude”

1. Jane Birrell February 27, 2014 at 22:44 #

Really super – thanks Rosie- so far I have only really tried the iPad and dooddlebuddy, free app, but need to try other apps. Lynn Howarth uses Procreate, this one looks easy and fun.

2. Angie Thompson February 24, 2014 at 23:37 #

This is great Rosie, I love the slide show. There are 2 tablets in our house… I’ll have to see if the owners will lend me one to sketch on!

3. karasartisticaladventures February 23, 2014 at 16:05 #

I was having a nice conversation with Lauran Burgess from Y Lle Print, about your drawings and blogging yesterday!

• Rosie Scribblah February 23, 2014 at 20:31 #

oooh there’s lovely. I don’t think I’ve met her.

4. paperstew February 22, 2014 at 22:47 #

Great to see the progression. I’m impressed you can save those states. Cool!

• Rosie Scribblah February 22, 2014 at 22:54 #

Thanks, it was easy peasy. Just a jab with the stylus 🙂

5. Hansi February 22, 2014 at 16:56 #

Way cool slide show! Blew my analogue mind.

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: