The Aftermath!

16 Apr

aftermath

The day after our epic all-nighter, editioning 12 drypoint plates between three artists, Zaira Ahmad Zaka, Hannah F Lawson and myself. Here’s the studio afterwards – trashed. We have a big clear up job ahead. But first, setting up the exhibition at the Satrang Gallery in Islamabad.

gallery hannah smallAfter a shower, we went over to the gallery to chat to the lovely staff about placing our work. Here’s Hannah contemplating.

gallery tea smallThen a spot of tea in the tearoom next to the gallery. Don’t mind if we do, we’re British y’know.

gallery blurbAnd checking out the exhibition blurb on a marble pillar.

gallery karaKara Seaman’s work, waiting for the arrival of Mister Pink.

Afterwards, we went to an exhibition of mixed media work by Behishte Gumshuda at the Khass Gallery where we met an eclectic group of interesting people who made us forget our exhaustion. The show is quiet and contemplative and I particularly liked the multi-layered works in graphite, but then I would, I’m a scribbler. Talking of scribbling, here’s a quick scribble I managed to fit in at Khaas. Oh and they served the most delicious samosas I have ever tasted. 😀

khaas gallery

This residency has been supported by Wales Arts International and Arts Council Wales

rose acw

15 Responses to “The Aftermath!”

1. pakimom April 21, 2014 at 10:49 #

Oh my! You went to Khaas! They have the most yum Laksa.

• Rosie Scribblah April 22, 2014 at 18:34 #

Well, I don’t know what Laska is, but the samosas are the best ever!

2. paperstew April 17, 2014 at 00:25 #

What an incredible project! It’s such a pleasure to watch, via the computer, what you all have accomplished. Hurrah for international residencies!!! Get some sleep, all of you! 🙂

3. karasartisticaladventures April 16, 2014 at 19:47 #

Awesome! and re-blogged! I hope yoose are having fun!

4. karasartisticaladventures April 16, 2014 at 19:46 #

Reblogged this on karasartisticaladventures and commented:
    I am involved in this exhibition in Pakistan! It is on now until the 10th of May!

5. martinsdoodles April 16, 2014 at 12:17 #

Great to see the hard work paying off, look forward to seeing the exhibition.

6. Very impressive. It looks like it is all going well out there. Look forward to hearing more. Love the sketch.

7. allesistgut April 16, 2014 at 07:32 #

Very impressive what you all do there. Nice that you have an exhibition there. Have a nice day! 🙂

8. anna warren portfolio April 16, 2014 at 05:48 #

Sounds like a wonderful, intense experience!

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: