Allotment Gnats

10 Jun

10 spots

We stayed too late on t’allotment last night and became fodder for swarms of gnats intent on eating us alive. Here’s my neck! The bites hurt! So I took some antihistamine medicine. The label warns that it may make some people drowsy. It’s knocked me senseless!!! I’ve been at sixes and sevens all day and I’m too woozy to draw so I thought I’d show you some of my sketchbooks.

10 sketchbooks

It’s been almost 2 years since I started blogging and here are most of the sketchbooks I’ve been using. The biggest are the two recycled sari silk ones, they’re about size A5 (about 8 x 6 inches or 210 x 148mm). They’re all small enough to fit into a bag or pocket. I love sketchbooks – they’re such gorgeous little objects 🙂

8 Responses to “Allotment Gnats”

1. Hansi June 11, 2013 at 14:59 #

Wow, those are small But sometimes small is better, especially when sneaking in a sketch or two.

• Rosie Scribblah June 11, 2013 at 17:04 #

Oh yes, tiny ones. That’s why I work with fine drawing pens 🙂

2. this is lemonade June 11, 2013 at 10:47 #

Ow! My husb (sorry I borrowed your cool word -always wondered how you actually say it lol) recently had to have two double strength antibiotics plus antihistamine prescribed after working in the garden and getting bitten by some as yet unidentified small creature. It was horrible. I hope you recover quickly!
    A lovely chance to take a peek at your sketchbooks though 😉

• Rosie Scribblah June 11, 2013 at 11:59 #

eewwww antibiotics as well! That’s awful. Hope your poor Husb is ok now. I’m putting up with the pain today because I don’t want to be zonked out any more.

3. allesistgut June 11, 2013 at 07:52 #

Bad gnats. They love me, too!!! 😉 You have a beautiful collection of sketchbooks. Have a nice day! 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah June 11, 2013 at 12:00 #

Thank you, I love my sketchbooks too. My Husb hardly gets touched by the gnats but they make a banquet out of me 😦

4. Jess June 10, 2013 at 22:52 #

Hope your neck is better soon.
    I love sketchbooks too- so much fun! I’ve got loads of them, but none not as nice and colorful as yours. The recycled sari ones are beautiful!

• Rosie Scribblah June 10, 2013 at 22:55 #

Thank you. I love searching for new and interesting sketchbooks