Singing In The Shower

26 Jun

26 shower

I like singing in the shower. I’m not trying to impress anyone, just singing away for the fun of it, so there’s no pressure. Sometimes I do that with drawing; not often enough to be honest. When I was a kid I doodled all the time but now I always seem to be trying to produce something ‘good’ or finished or polished. So I just chilled out tonight and did the scribbling equivalent of singing in the shower.

I used my dip pen and Indian ink onto a piece of recycled Bockingford that I’d stained with a soggy used teabag (no expense spared here) and just doodled away. Sparta wandered in and sat around cleaning herself so I scribbled away at her as well. I got right into ‘The Zone’, enjoying the scratchy feel of the pen onto the thick textured paper, playing with speed and pressure and just going with the flow. Drawing for fun and relaxation – I should definitely do it more often.

12 Responses to “Singing In The Shower”

1. Hansi June 27, 2013 at 15:24 #

Ever try drawing in the shower? or maybe that’s more of a watercolor thing.

• Rosie Scribblah June 27, 2013 at 15:28 #

oo that’s a good idea. Watercolour I mean. I’ve tried drawing in rain but ink and pencil don’t work.

2. Magill June 27, 2013 at 14:29 #

Ye, do MORE “singing in the shower.” I love when artists use what is close at hand (tea bags, coffee stains, ticket stubs, etc.) Well done!

3. this is lemonade June 27, 2013 at 13:54 #

You definitely should do it more. It’s the kind of art I most admire, the raw talent and skill shines through. It’s not the type of art that’s really easy to describe, but your individual quality really comes through in the lines. I guess it’s a bit like handwriting when you scribble. Love it, very much! In fact, I’m going to post it to Facebook πŸ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah June 27, 2013 at 15:16 #

Thank you. I tend to dismiss it as doodling but I suppose I should take it more seriously πŸ™‚

• this is lemonade July 1, 2013 at 19:18 #

There are obviously different levels of doodling.. I’m at elementary squiggles level, you’re at some elevated level I haven’t even heard of πŸ˜›

• Rosie Scribblah July 2, 2013 at 13:45 #

πŸ˜€

4. annerose June 27, 2013 at 04:25 #

From now on I’m going to call this type of art, art for my own enjoyment, singing in the shower art. And I should do more of it too!

5. delilahdoodles June 26, 2013 at 22:45 #

I need to do this more often πŸ™‚ I’m doing baby steps at the moment! Life drawing group found and attended! Work blogged! lol Next in line is to remember to carry a sketchbook for doodling.