Working On Me

29 Sep
working on me

Chalk and charcoal ephemeral drawing onto newspaper

I’m reaching the end of my time drawing on the wall at The Bagpuss Window, Swansea’s pop-up artspace. Tomorrow is our last day and the keys go back to Coastal Housing Group on Thursday so that the building can be demolished to make way for new social housing. So it’s going to be put to good use. The final part of my drawing is a drawing of me drawing. There’s still a fair bit of work to do on the face because the likeness isn’t very good and I had to resist the temptation to shave a couple of stone off my body! My right hand also needs a lot of work but I hope to have the whole thing finished by 5pm tomorrow so I can take a final photograph and then – the end…….

13 Responses to “Working On Me”

1. Leonie Andrews October 1, 2015 at 11:56 #

The end of the journey will be sad, but I’ve enjoyed looking over your shoulder during the ride. Thanks.

• Rosie Scribblah October 1, 2015 at 13:02 #

Thanks Leonie. We have loads of still and moving images, soundtracks and new collaborations to build upon, so although the building has gone, the ethos and work continues…..

2. Phil Hughes September 30, 2015 at 09:05 #

Rosie I thought it was about time I thanked you for all the interesting drawings and comments you have posted during this project. I have really enjoyed your blog.
    Also,thank you very much for all your technical and artistic comments, I have learned so much. Looking forward to seeing more of your work. Best wishes x

3. Cam (ArtbyCarmelBehan) September 29, 2015 at 22:46 #

Oh fab! Can’t wait to see end result πŸ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah September 30, 2015 at 06:46 #

Nearly finished, then it will all be knocked down πŸ˜€

4. donnasandsartblog September 29, 2015 at 22:34 #

marvelous piece!

5. sandycraigartist September 29, 2015 at 21:41 #

Fabulous! I recognised this as you straight away so I don’t think the likeness is off at all. Will the drawing be demolished with the property?

• Rosie Scribblah September 29, 2015 at 23:35 #

• Sherry Bosque September 30, 2015 at 07:55 #

Nooooo!!!

• Rosie Scribblah September 30, 2015 at 08:19 #

Yeeessss hahaha πŸ˜€ The space is transient and so is the art. Husb has been doing loads of filming so we’ll have little videos coming out over the next few weeks.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Humongous! | scribblah - October 10, 2015

[…] it out with charcoal. I used some of the imagery I developed recently on my wall drawing in The Bagpuss Window transient artspace. I knew it would come in […]

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w