DIY HELL

29 Aug

He’s at it again. Husb is making a fitted cupboard in an alcove. I don’t know why he puts himself through it. He hates DIY. But it’s a very good opportunity for me to get in some speed sketching of someone in weird positions that you don’t normally see every day. I don’t mind if he suffers for my art. He reckons this cupboard is going to be ‘the dogs’. For non-British readers, that means rather pukka 🙂

I scribbled this in about 90 seconds. Good practice.

7 Responses to “DIY HELL”

1. paperstew August 31, 2012 at 17:49 #

DIY in my house has added some good things… but they can take YEARS before completion. I’m guessing we’ll have to sell the house just to make sure the jobs get finished. Good luck to your Hubby! He’ll get it done!
    Love the sketch and thanks for the new vocab!

2. The Blithering Idiot August 30, 2012 at 14:59 #

What a guy! Hubby, making a cupboard for your dog “Pukka”. 🙂

3. therealbitzymum August 30, 2012 at 08:31 #

Hope it goes better than the one I made last week, 2 friggin days, three cut fingers and the bloody thing won’t stay shut 😦

• Rosie Scribblah August 30, 2012 at 08:32 #

aw no! The last one he made, the doors fell off when a visitor opened them lol

4. Alli Farkas August 30, 2012 at 04:25 #

Had to look up “pukka”, in spite of being non-British. Now have a new word to toss at other undereducated Americans.

• Rosie Scribblah August 30, 2012 at 07:33 #

hehehe it’s a good one isn’t it? And far more respectable than ‘the dogs’