Old Life

31 Jan

31 old life

This horrible lurgi has lasted so long that I’ve missed three weekly life drawing sessions at Swansea Print Workshop. I’ve been cataloguing old work and coming across stuff I’d forgotten about. I went through a phase of drawing with oil pastels into A3 canvas pads, mainly because I’d been given canvas pads for a present. Here’s one from about 5 years ago. I was surprised that I was using such decorative backgrounds. I still have quite a few canvas sheets left – I think I’ll dig them out and use them – when this darned lurgi lets me get back to work!

6 Responses to “Old Life”

1. Hansi February 2, 2013 at 03:18 #

I love seeing your older work.. Were you channeling Matisse during that one ? 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah February 2, 2013 at 21:56 #

ooh that’s a thought. I don’t really think what I’m doing when I’m doing it – it depends so much on the materials I use. Pastels always give my work that Fauvist sort of look. I really like it – I should use them more. hhhhmmmm – I think I have a new box somewhere 🙂

2. Tin Roof Press February 1, 2013 at 10:36 #

love this piece. the colour and strong lines are so good.

• Rosie Scribblah February 2, 2013 at 21:54 #

Thank you – have you got any thermal socks yet lol 🙂

• Tin Roof Press February 3, 2013 at 14:09 #

hahaha well i bought myself ski socks but the weather returned to normal coldness so those work fine at the moment.

• Rosie Scribblah February 3, 2013 at 20:53 #

There’s snow coming over the next couple of days so you’ll need those ski socks 🙂