Street Scribbles

21 Feb

20 street 3

This is my equivalent of a singer practicing their scales. It’s what underpins the ‘finished’ pieces that I hang in a gallery. Just mundane, quick, scribbly sketches in real time. It’s only a few minutes work but it keeps me fresh by focussing me on the essence of each figure. It’s not great art but it’s not meant to be. This is the daily practice of my craft.

20 street 2

Here are some more. With Sparta. Up to no good!

8 Responses to “Street Scribbles”

1. martinsdoodles February 21, 2013 at 14:10 #

Good to see you’re getting back out after the lurgi

• Rosie Scribblah February 21, 2013 at 14:24 #

Thank you, it’s so nice to have my brain back 🙂

2. this is lemonade February 21, 2013 at 13:29 #

It is great art – it’s the substance that gives you the inspiration and the skill for great work. Not enough emphasis is placed on the effort that produces great talent these days. Everyone just wants to see some quick results, but it’s the dedication and the thought processes and journey to things they miss out on. Love your sketches!

• Rosie Scribblah February 21, 2013 at 14:25 #

Thank you. I’ve been trying to exhibit my sketchbooks alongside my finished work and there’s a terrific response when I do. People are often unaware of how much work goes into being an artist 🙂

3. Love the sketches. Is Sparta giving a critique!!!

• Rosie Scribblah February 21, 2013 at 09:36 #

Thank you. You can imagine what she’s saying, ‘Useless hairless apes’ lol

4. Russell. February 21, 2013 at 03:01 #

I wouldn’t call them mundane Rosie, is Sparta eating your sketchbook? Russell.

• Rosie Scribblah February 21, 2013 at 09:37 #

Thank you, Russell. Sparta ia trying to rip the ribbon bookmark out of the sketchbook. She’s already chewed the bead off the end of it! 😦