Hot And Still

13 Jul

13 seaside

Suddenly there’s a heatwave and everyone’s out on the beach, in shorts and swimsuits. It’s gorgeous when the sun shines here. The best place in the world. Pity it rains 90% of the time. I went for a paddle and sat on the steps awhile outside the Civic Centre with my feet dangling in the water and did a quick scribble of the kids playing in the gentle waves. The sea was glassy and the horizon merged into the sky. Hot and still, not like a British summer at all.

10 Responses to “Hot And Still”

1. martinsdoodles July 16, 2013 at 12:51 #

Nice drawing, looks like the tide is full in.

2. allesistgut July 15, 2013 at 08:05 #

Enjoy this great weather. And, it’s a beautiful drawing! Happy Day. πŸ˜€

3. veronicacay July 14, 2013 at 00:14 #

Great drawings – I also love the mix of brown paper (packaging ?) on the white.

• Rosie Scribblah July 15, 2013 at 08:11 #

Thanks, yes it’s ordinary brown packaging paper stuck into the sketchbook with Pritt stick glue.

4. Helen Cherry July 14, 2013 at 00:06 #

So evocative Rosie.. and yes hot and still is amazing !

• Rosie Scribblah July 15, 2013 at 08:12 #

Thanks – it’s a bit cooler today – quite foggy here

5. Red Hen July 13, 2013 at 23:45 #

I`ve finally figured why I find your illustrations so wonderful: they bring me back to the books of my childhood, when illustrators conveyed the essence of the story with a few deftly placed ink strokes. Love the mix of brown paper on white too. Wonderful.

• Rosie Scribblah July 15, 2013 at 08:13 #

Thank you. I draw in real life situations so I have to be evry fast – it’s good discipline