Desperate Drawing

16 Jul

16 feet

You know I’m desperate when I blog a drawing of my feet. It means it’s the end of the day, I haven’t done any drawings in my sketchbook, I’m sat in front of the telly feeling guilty because I haven’t done any drawing but I can’t be bothered to move. So I grab my sketchbook and pens from the little table next to my telly-chair and I draw my feet. Great artists like Van Gogh, Durer and Rembrandt did self portraits of their faces. I do self portraits of my feet. But then, they didn’t have telly. And comfy Swedish chairs.

By the way, that’s scribbly cross-hatching on my legs, not hairs.

8 Responses to “Desperate Drawing”

1. this is lemonade July 23, 2013 at 21:41 #

Gorgeous feet! I love drawing my hands – same reason lol. Although I don’t really try to make sure they are exactly as they are in real life. Hands and feet are very expressive parts of the body to draw I find, I love studying artist’s depiction of them in paintings etc.

• Rosie Scribblah July 24, 2013 at 10:30 #

Thank you – it’s great practice because they’re so difficult. i particularly like drawing mine ebcause of the extreme foreshortening

2. Clouds of Colour July 17, 2013 at 07:51 #

Feet are so hard to do…you’ve done them perfectly! Awesome work πŸ™‚

3. Lemon July 17, 2013 at 00:27 #

But it’s such a nice drawing of nice feet…why move, indeed?

• Rosie Scribblah July 18, 2013 at 16:31 #

I made them look better than they are – artistic license lol

4. Red Hen July 16, 2013 at 23:50 #

Love it! I often see my feet like that. It`s a good sign of a person-shows they can relax!