Nudity, Misery, Curry…..

31 Jan

31 natieI had a good session at life drawing group last night and tried out different media and papers throughout the evening. Here’s one I did in willow charcoal, compressed charcoal and chalk onto a lightweight textured paper; I don’t know the make as it was given to me and doesn’t have a watermark, but it’s obviously mould-pressed. The drawing is about size A3 and using charcoal really pushed me. I normally work with charcoal on a much larger scale, this was tight! The final result is a bit German Expressionist, which is fine by me, although I didn’t have that in mind while I was drawing. I guess that shows how much a piece of artwork can be influenced by materials. Our model is great, she holds a pose for ever….almost.

Today I’ve been a proper misery – horrible weather and loads of non-creative stuff to do which is sapping my will to live. So Husb’s going to take me for a curry at The Vojon to cheer me up.Lovely model. Lovely Husb. And lovely curry house.:D

hmmm….lamb shashlik or handi lamb polongwala?

8 Responses to “Nudity, Misery, Curry…..”

1. this is lemonade February 1, 2014 at 19:46 #

A bit of lamb curry to offset the dreary weather. Perfect! Love the work. You’ve been doing such a variety of things lately, it’s really inspiring!

• Rosie Scribblah February 1, 2014 at 20:13 #

Thank you. I’m trying to push out of my comfort zones 🙂

2. ziggyshortcrust February 1, 2014 at 18:14 #

Ah, nothing like a curry to follow on from nudity and misery! I love the vibrancy that you’ve managed to get from someone sitting so still. And yet again…great hands.

• Rosie Scribblah February 1, 2014 at 18:21 #

Thanks. I had a real struggle with the hands because of the size of the charcoal, quite clumsy, so I had to let go of doing fine detail.

3. Sketchy on the Detail January 31, 2014 at 22:11 #

Either please! Lovely figure work too.

4. Russell. January 31, 2014 at 20:05 #

Another great life drawing Rosie. Your confidence and draughtsmanship shine through, Russell. P.S. The curry sounds good 😀

• Rosie Scribblah January 31, 2014 at 21:14 #

Thank you so much, Russell. High praise indeed. The curry was lush. Just got back.