Day 5: I Don’t Care!

5 Feb

1391633677585

So continuing with the 28 Drawings After challenge on Facebook and practicing drawing from established artists, I took up with Raphael again. Husb gave me a lovely book on Renaissance drawing from The British Museum that I’ve been meaning to draw from for ages. I’m using the Samsung Galaxy Tablet again with a free Magic marker app. It’s probably very old-fashioned, but I think it’s important for artists to study those who have gone before. I think that’s part of learning the craft in art, although that also seems to be an old-fashioned concept at the moment. Ah well, I don’t care 😀

10 Responses to “Day 5: I Don’t Care!”

1. Hansi February 6, 2014 at 15:01 #

I totally agree about drawing from the Old Masters. Great way to improve ones draftsmanship, and an endless source of material if ya run out of things to draw.

2. paperstew February 6, 2014 at 04:07 #

It makes me want to pull out some of my books and draw. Maybe tomorrow when it’s snowing. 🙂

3. Kozmyk February 6, 2014 at 00:31 #

Hi Rosie. Could you post a link sometime to that app you’re using please?
    Searching “Magic Marker” leads to a funny neon style drawing app.
    I see one called “Markers” that looks like it might be capable of the work you’re doing.
    Nice drawing, by the way.
    You should do it for a living 8^)

• Rosie Scribblah February 6, 2014 at 00:33 #

lol Husb found it by looking for drawing apps on Google Play

• Kozmyk February 6, 2014 at 00:40 #

As did I, but … but .. but there are so many.

• Rosie Scribblah February 6, 2014 at 07:56 #

I don’t know how to post a link to it as it’s a download. On my desktop it’s called Markers. Hope that helps

• Kozmyk February 6, 2014 at 17:59 #

Help it did. Thank you Rosie.

• Rosie Scribblah February 6, 2014 at 23:36 #