Colouring In

17 Feb

17 degenerates

I blogged a couple of days ago about the work I started at the Creative Bubble monthly event where I began some full-length portraits of fellow artists in preparation for an upcoming exhibition (here). I went back on Saturday to carry on. Progress was slow because it was very busy in the artspace and also I did a portrait head drawing (read about it here). Here’s how much I’ve done so far.

I worked over the willow charcoal line with a small round hoghair brush and acrylic System 3 paint in a dark grey. Willow charcoal is very unstable and the lines wouldn’t have lasted long. Once the paint was dry, I used my fingers and rags to squidge solid blocks of System 3 colours. The paint is mixed about 60:40 with acrylic pigment so it’s translucent. It’s not like anything I normally do, it’s like colouring-in. Very relaxing.

8 Responses to “Colouring In”

1. Russell. February 20, 2014 at 02:35 #

These are great Rosie, good job! Russell.

2. Jason Pearlman February 19, 2014 at 05:25 #

Nice technique, and nice results to boot; are you working onto paper or canvas?

• Rosie Scribblah February 19, 2014 at 12:13 #

Thank you. It’s rolls of primed canvas from The Range

3. Nancy Farmer February 18, 2014 at 12:08 #

ah… colouring-in… I like that bit when you’ve done the thinking and then you can just colour-in 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah February 18, 2014 at 13:37 #

I don’t usually get this far because I tend to work in black and white. I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying it. The hard bit’s done.

4. allesistgut February 18, 2014 at 08:38 #

Yes sometimes some processes are very meditative. I like these coloured pieces of art. Have a lovely day! 😀

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: