Foxy

24 Feb

24 foxy

Husb and I were visiting family this evening, very dark and wet, when we saw something in the headlights run across the road up ahead. A fox! Rather a beautiful one, sleek and well fed with a huge, fluffy, white-tipped brush. I’ve only seen an urban fox a handful of times in my entire life and just twice in Swansea. It was a real thrill. So I scribbled one. I’m getting to enjoy drawing wild animals now. I didn’t like it at first but now it’s interesting to work out the different anatomy and structure. The drawing was done from a photograph sourced from the Internet. I used my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 with a free Markers app.

12 Responses to “Foxy”

1. Lemon February 25, 2014 at 14:57 #

LOVE it. You are getting quite handy with the digital art!

• Rosie Scribblah February 25, 2014 at 19:09 #

Thank you, I’m enjoying it more now I’m getting used to it.

2. Elaine February 25, 2014 at 12:03 #

Love the eyes on this Rosie.

3. allesistgut February 25, 2014 at 08:34 #

Very good sketch. I saw once a fox in Norway, but not in urban surroundings. Have a lovely day! 😀

• Rosie Scribblah February 25, 2014 at 11:23 #

Thank you. We have a large urban fox population here; they seem to thrive in the cities.

4. cavepainter February 25, 2014 at 02:05 #

Foxes are neat. I think I’ve seen suburban or semi rural foxes 2 or 3 times total. 🙂

5. karasartisticaladventures February 25, 2014 at 00:01 #

You need to come around to my place, we have lots of foxes….only after 1am though normally!

• Rosie Scribblah February 25, 2014 at 11:24 #

I wonder if that’s anything to do with your Mam? 😉

6. paperstew February 24, 2014 at 22:51 #

Lucky you! Beautiful sketch. Too bad the original didn’t sit for you. Thank goodness for the internet!

• Rosie Scribblah February 25, 2014 at 11:25 #

haha yes, the alternative is to go to the local museum and draw a stuffed one!