Wimp!

4 Mar

SONY DSC

I am such a wimp. I have a cold, not even a particularly bad one, but honestly, manflu doesn’t come into it. I hate being ill so much that a weeny little cold is a major cause of angst. I don’t swan around in bed, that’s even worse, but I can’t manage to do much more than catch up with boring admin stuff or routine photoshop tasks because my brain is packed full of cotton wool.

So I haven’t done a drawing today and I’m not going to because I’m too busy wallowing in viral misery. I did this mixed media piece a couple of years ago and I’m blogging it today because I’ve just submitted it for an exhibition that’s coming up in Swansea later this month. It’s called, “I Know ‘Ew Luvs Me Coz ‘Ew Buys Me Chips”, a well-known local saying. And now I’m going to wrap myself back up in a blanket and rail against the universe. 😦

12 Responses to “Wimp!”

1. Hansi March 5, 2014 at 23:24 #

Get well soon. Being sick ain’t no fun.

• Rosie Scribblah March 5, 2014 at 23:35 #

Thanks. I’m fine, it’s just another cold. We have that sort of climate. Everyone has colds and everyone’s whingeing πŸ™‚

2. martinsdoodles March 5, 2014 at 13:22 #

Really good mixed media piece and that’s a great name for an exhibition πŸ™‚
    Get well soon.

3. lizardpudding March 5, 2014 at 07:37 #

Very groovy

4. this is lemonade March 5, 2014 at 02:26 #

Awwww I’m currently trying to shake off a stubborn cold that’s jammed up my sinuses and keeps making me cough because I can’t breathe properly. I feel your pain!
    Love this mixed media piece. It’s one of my favourite ever pieces you’ve shown us. There’s just something about the quality of it. I feel like some chips too…. I’m sure they’d make me feel a lot better… πŸ˜›
    Get well soon! x

5. Sketchy on the Detail March 5, 2014 at 00:57 #

Hope you’re feel better soon, unfortunately it is the season for coughs and colds. And hope the exhibition goes well too!

6. veronicacay March 4, 2014 at 23:43 #

sorry to hear you are not feeling very well πŸ™‚ Love the drawing – hot chips sound pretty good !