The Onesie

21 Jan

1421875137663

So what is it about men and onesies? This is the second time I’ve seen a grown man wandering around in a man size Onesie. This chap in a Onesie, waistcoat, big boots and floppy hat was trying on jackets in the YMCA second hand shop in Swansea a few days ago. I didn’t like to stare and sketch so I’ve drawn him from memory using my Samsung Galaxy Tablet Note 8 with the free Markers app. Quite an eccentric character.

13 Responses to “The Onesie”

1. Martha Keim-St. Louis January 25, 2015 at 16:51 #

Great drawing. Onesies for men have been around hundreds of years

• Rosie Scribblah January 25, 2015 at 21:22 #

Thank you. Not seen much of Onesies in Wales πŸ˜€

• Martha Keim-St. Louis January 25, 2015 at 21:55 #

Really? No men in red flannel long Johns?

• Rosie Scribblah January 25, 2015 at 23:19 #

Not round these parts lol. In the Wild West maybe ? πŸ™‚

2. paperstew January 24, 2015 at 00:13 #

My niece (in her 20’s) and her friends had a huge onesies New Year’s party. That was the first time I’ve seen the adult ones. Oh my, that fellow you saw must be quite a character. Not a look for me. πŸ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah January 24, 2015 at 00:25 #

I’ve seen 2 men in public in the day in Onesies and they’re really bright patterned ones as well!

• paperstew January 24, 2015 at 02:32 #

That’s crazy. Maybe they are really comfy. I never had them as a child.

• Rosie Scribblah January 24, 2015 at 08:58 #

I think it’s the end of civilisation as we know it 😑

• paperstew January 24, 2015 at 18:46 #

Hahaha! I agree!πŸ˜ƒ

3. kestrelart January 23, 2015 at 00:07 #

Not a look im going to try

4. allesistgut January 22, 2015 at 08:42 #

A long time ago I saw somebody wearing an onesie. It was in Norway and it was a warm onesie for winter use. πŸ˜‰ But I know that you can buy them in Scandinavia even for the usage inside the house. I guess it would be strange for me too, to see an adult man (or woman) with an normal onesie in the streets. πŸ˜‰
    Have a happy day! πŸ˜‰