The One Show And Me

10 Feb

Anne

Back in the summer last year, I took part in a public ‘draw-in’ in St. David’s on the west coast of Wales. A dozen artists based in Goat Street gallery were filmed drawing or painting locals and holidaymakers who queued up the road and round the corner for a chance to have their portrait done and appear on the telly. The item will finally appear on the TV tomorrow night, 11th February on The One Show, BBC1 from 7pm. I’ll probably end up on the cutting room floor, who knows.

It was good discipline for me because I aimed to draw each portrait in 30 minutes while getting a good likeness. I drew seven in 4 and a half hours. I hadn’t done anything like it before so I was well pleased with myself. Here is one of the portraits I drew with Faber Castell Pitt drawing pens into my A5 leather bound Steampunk sketchbook.

8 Responses to “The One Show And Me”

1. kestrelart February 15, 2015 at 23:41 #

So talented
    Do you teach, Rosie?

2. jhv57 February 11, 2015 at 23:59 #

Nothing is wasted. Still great work.

3. segmation February 11, 2015 at 21:33 #

What a wondering and amazing drawing. Have you used other art media besides Faber Castell Pitt drawing pens?

• Rosie Scribblah February 11, 2015 at 23:12 #

Thank you. Yes, I have used other mefia but these are my favourite for my sketchbooks as they’re easy to carry and use.

4. Alli Farkas February 11, 2015 at 18:22 #

I love the “spareness” of this drawing which did not in any way inhibit the liveliness of it!

5. allesistgut February 11, 2015 at 08:41 #

Great sketch of a very characteristic person/face! Have a lovely day. Sunny Greetings from the Baltic Sea! 😉

• Rosie Scribblah February 11, 2015 at 10:10 #

Thank you. I bet it’s cold on the Baltic. We’re sending rain your way 😀

• allesistgut February 12, 2015 at 08:55 #

No, it isn’t that cold it could be in February. 🙂