Preloved Pasta Press

29 Jun

I’m recycling my old, unloved tabletop pasta machine into a mini printing press – I hope. Husb spent ages cleaning the rust off and getting the rollers to work smoothly again without creaking loudly. I bought a piece of felted wool to cut down into little blankets and I’m going to try using the machine to print small lino blocks and tiny drypoint etching plates. Something to do next week ๐Ÿ™‚

14 Responses to “Preloved Pasta Press”

1. Problems With Infinity July 2, 2015 at 00:51 #

Such a cool idea! Hope it works! If I tried to do something like that… well… something bad would happen… something with fires and dead things…

• Rosie Scribblah July 2, 2015 at 08:37 #

Hahahaha I’d love to see one of your cartoons about it lol ๐Ÿ˜

2. annerose June 30, 2015 at 18:50 #

I love it when kitchen stuff becomes art stuff

• Rosie Scribblah July 1, 2015 at 04:30 #

I hope it works! I have seen people doing it on YouTube. Fingers crossed

3. Lemon June 30, 2015 at 13:12 #

What a fantastic “upcycling” idea! I look forward to seeing what it produces now. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah June 30, 2015 at 14:10 #

Fingers crossed. can’t do much until Thursday but should hopefully know by the weekend.

4. allesistgut June 30, 2015 at 07:32 #

What a great idea!!! I’m so curious to see what the prints will look like. Have a lovely summer’s day.

5. Leonie Andrews June 30, 2015 at 03:42 #

Can’t wait to see hoe it works out. I’m just wondering how much pressure the press could take?

• Rosie Scribblah June 30, 2015 at 05:31 #

I’ll find out soon. I’m going to use paper drypoint plated

6. kestrelart June 30, 2015 at 00:42 #

Great idea
    I was given a pasta machine for Christmas. Who has time?

• Rosie Scribblah June 30, 2015 at 05:29 #

That’s why ours ended up rusty and unloved. Husb made flavoured pasta a couple of times but it was so much effort.

7. paperstew June 29, 2015 at 23:47 #

Looking forward to seeing how it works! That would solve my tired hand issues!

• Rosie Scribblah June 30, 2015 at 14:09 #

Hopefully it’ll work with lino. Don’t think it will with wood because it needs to be flexible to come out of the bottom. I have high hopes for the paper drypoint plates. Lots of people online are using it for collagraph.