A Mumbles Evening

26 May

Mumbles May 1

Strolled along the promenade in Mumbles this evening. I’m so lucky to live in this beautiful part of the world.

Mumbles May 3

6 Responses to “A Mumbles Evening”

1. kestrelart June 2, 2016 at 22:10 #

I lived in Bryn Mill for nine months when I was 8 (I think). My Dad was an engineer, I believe he was working in Port Talbot, my brother claims constructing the plant, but that doesn’t square with the history on Wikipedia. Anyway, every Sunday we’d walk to the Mumbles and scramble over the rocks to the blow hole, which would spray us at high tide. I’d love to go back and draw there. I must sort this, and perhaps I can call in and see your art in person.

• Rosie Scribblah June 3, 2016 at 09:02 #

Mumbles is idyllic, we have an allotment there, behind Oystermouth Castle. We live not far from Brynmill and a few minutes from the beach and Swansea Print Workshop. I would be happy to give you a guided tour of the workshop which also has a life drawing group and you’re very welcome to visit my studio – I will bake a cake!

2. allesistgut May 27, 2016 at 07:33 #

The light is amazing. And the golden pier as well.
    Have a really happy weekend. 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah May 28, 2016 at 04:49 #

The pier is normally a rather dull beige but the light was golden. Have a lovely day, hope it stays fine

3. Leonie Andrews May 27, 2016 at 00:26 #

The light on the wall made me see, at first, an illuminated paper lantern. Golden hour indeed.

• Rosie Scribblah May 28, 2016 at 04:47 #

The light was exquisite. So many people just don’t notice.