End Of An Era

25 May
Me! Doodled! By Doodlemum!

Me! Doodled! By Doodlemum!

Over the past three years I’ve been part of an art collective called 15 Hundred Lives with fellow artists Sylvie Evans and Graham Parker and we have put on 27 public access art events at the Creative Bubble Artspace. This last event at the weekend was our final regular monthly one.

That doesn’t mean we’re packing up completely, but we are busy with individual projects and in  future we’ll be popping up from time to time to do arty things but not as often as we have been.

Our final event was called TRANSITION, about the transition each of us is making artistically at the moment, we’re all trying out new approaches in our art practice.

We welcomed 2 guest artists over the weekend, Swansea’s Doodlemum Angie Stevens who doodled us and visitors on Friday and Melanie Ezra and her automata, soon to be the subject of a solo show at The Workers Gallery and Workshops, on the Saturday.

EP article

It was a bittersweet couple of days, we’ve worked with over 30 guest artists and welcomed hundreds of visitors to the Creative Bubble over the past two and a half years, but all good things come to an end.

I’m currently working on a series of expressive drawings of ancestral sites and if you want to see some of my other artworks, please click here.

8 Responses to “End Of An Era”

1. kestrelart June 2, 2016 at 22:14 #

To be an artist one must live the art. The rest of us just enjoy sketching. It seems you live the art.

• Rosie Scribblah June 3, 2016 at 09:05 #

I sometimes wonder if it’s a type of mental aberration! I know it’s something I have done almost obsessively since I was tiny. I read New Scientist every week and they’ve published quite a bit about creativity and it seems that creative might have something wired into our brains. Interesting stuff.

2. Phil Cooper May 27, 2016 at 21:44 #

i can imagine some sad feelings about having your last regular event for the time being Rosie, but a what a great thing you’ve all done Making art can be a somewhat solitary and sometimes lonely business but you’ve shown how to collaborate with other artists, stimulate your process , make connectionsand have a good time as well, the group’s an inspiration, as are the smashing drawings

• Rosie Scribblah May 28, 2016 at 04:55 #

Thank you Phil. We’re having some time for a rethink. I am collaborating with a film maker and an archaeologist at the moment, I do like collaboration, like you say, art can be a lonely business.

3. Michael Richards (certainline) May 26, 2016 at 08:54 #

What a shame, but I’m certain that such a motivated group will find other – perhaps better – outlets.

• Rosie Scribblah May 26, 2016 at 08:57 #

We’ll still be active, but it was getting to be too demanding to organise a monthly event, maybe two or three times a year from now on

4. Leonie Andrews May 25, 2016 at 23:41 #

Great post, I also follow Doodlemum so fun to see her work here. Life changes and so do we, good luck to all of you in your future directions.

• Rosie Scribblah May 26, 2016 at 04:46 #