Filthy Paws

13 Jun

I always was a mucky kid, climbing trees, making dens, digging the garden with my fingers. I haven’t changed. One good thing about being an artist is that I can be just as mucky as I was back then. Today I prepared a huge piece of paper for manier noir drawing.

I was intending to cut up the sheet into smaller pieces to do a series of drawings, but I quite like this huge piece …. maybe I should keep it like this and do one giant drawing. What do you think?

manier noir

So…shall I split this up into smaller pieces or do one enormous drawing?

I’m currently working on a series of expressive drawings of ancestral sites and if you want to see some of my other artworks, please click here.

10 Responses to “Filthy Paws”

1. anna warren portfolio June 20, 2016 at 08:44 #

I love it just the way it is, but I know you will take it somewhere interesting!

• Rosie Scribblah June 20, 2016 at 10:47 #

I’m still looking at it but the consensus seems to keep it big so I’ll do that and maybe work on a huge piece for my upcoming solo show 🙂

2. annerose June 14, 2016 at 17:10 #

big!

3. Michael Richards (certainline) June 14, 2016 at 16:55 #

The wifi in this Andalusian mountain cottage wouldn’t let me vote, but I tried to click LARGE!

• Rosie Scribblah June 15, 2016 at 08:55 #

I think that’s the consensus. I will go with that then thanks. Andalusia sounds fab 😀

4. allesistgut June 14, 2016 at 07:34 #

This must have been fun. I would keep it in one big piece! Have a lovely day. Quite qalm grey but warm days here. Have a happy day!

• Rosie Scribblah June 14, 2016 at 08:06 #

Thank you, big seems to be more popular so far. Raining here, spreading your way I think 😦

5. Phil Cooper June 13, 2016 at 22:19 #

Love that big piece of paper and that texture, and it sure looks like fun too 😉