New Male Nude [parental guidance]

18 Jul

This continues my small-scale life drawings using Renaissance techniques and materials. Our model sat up high on top of a plans chest and I scrunched my chair quite close, underneath. This gave me a fairly extreme perspective and foreshortening. I deliberately look out for awkward posesΒ  because – I’m a masochist? πŸ™‚

I used some hand-made paper stained with a sepia ink wash and drew in Indian ink with a dip pen. I did highlights in white conte crayon and the shadows in ink wash with a small sable brush. The paper is approximately A6 in size. I’m going to the print studio next week to make some new solar plates and this is one of the drawings I’ll be using as a source.

16 Responses to “New Male Nude [parental guidance]”

1. jhv57 July 22, 2012 at 12:12 #

Love the perspective

2. Hansi July 19, 2012 at 15:27 #

Awesome…you did the paper justice…thanks for the guidance btw πŸ™‚

3. kestrelart July 18, 2012 at 23:11 #

lovely drawing
    parental guidance?!
    Its art!

• Rosie Scribblah July 19, 2012 at 10:11 #

I know but I have had my work deleted from Internet sites before, MySpace and Photobucket are especially anti-nude and Facebook is getting a bit twitchy, so just to be on the safe side I warn people. Thanks for liking it πŸ™‚

4. Helen Cherry July 18, 2012 at 22:56 #

Terrific use of your materials Rosie… excellent stuff!

5. Nancy Farmer July 18, 2012 at 22:35 #

lovely drawing, confident and delicate handling of your materials…

• Rosie Scribblah July 19, 2012 at 10:12 #

Thanks Nancy – I’m getting to really appreciate the Renaissance way of doing things

6. Tin Roof Press July 18, 2012 at 21:45 #

Beautiful lines and colour – (Also I like his dingle. Is that why your chair is so close?)

7. Magill July 18, 2012 at 20:50 #

I like his foot, and hand. This is a very intriguing drawing. You DO like a challenge, no?

8. Willy Wheelie Bin (@WillyGreyBin) July 18, 2012 at 20:33 #

It’s a great pose, with the foot at the front. Like too the colours and materials. Something Quentin Crispish about the model. lol.

• Rosie Scribblah July 18, 2012 at 21:11 #

hahaha he’d be delighted to hear that – NOT. I have saved a photo of an interesting wheelie bin and I’ll post it on Twitter for you when I’ve caught up with all the stuff I missed because I had RSI and could hardly use the computer πŸ™‚