I’m Not Swag!

3 Sep

I’m not Swag. Nor is Husb. We’re too old to be Swag according to our thirteen year old great niece. There we are then.

After putting us firmly in our place, she made an apple pie to take to her Great Grandad who’s been in hospital for a month now. It was very good. Swag in fact. Here they are during visiting hour this evening. He loved the pie. She looked very sweet in her ribbon-bow headband, but I mustn’t say she’s sweet, because she’s Swag 😀

(Swag means cool. If you didn’t know that, then you’re not Swag.)

10 Responses to “I’m Not Swag!”

1. notes to the milkman September 6, 2012 at 23:11 #

The only meaning for swag that I know of is the label on the bag carried by by striped shirted, masked burglars. By the way, if you saw a burglar breaking into a house would you ring the police first or sketch the baddie first?

• Rosie Scribblah September 7, 2012 at 09:09 #

ooofff what a dilemma – as an artist I would of course sketch the miscreant. But as a citizen I am obliged to phone the fuzz. I’ll have to wrestle with that one 🙂

2. Hansi September 4, 2012 at 14:28 #

That’s cool, and a bit of relief. Swag can also mean, in certain circles that I hope your thirteen year old niece does hang around with, a low grade of marijuana. You had me fooled there for a while. 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah September 4, 2012 at 21:56 #

Hahaha I don’t think that one has made it over the pond 🙂

3. ziggyshortcrust September 4, 2012 at 12:25 #

Swag! who the heck came up with that? The truth is we’re cooler than Swag 😉 A delightful piece of “Martini sketching” there Ms Scribblah.

• Rosie Scribblah September 4, 2012 at 21:55 #

Why thank you kindly Ms Shortcrust 🙂 She wouldn’t agree with your sentiments though lol

4. rrendon86 September 4, 2012 at 05:05 #

I’m loving the expressiveness of this drawing, I love the circles on the man’s shirt and the quick lines of the man’s hair. You certainly caught the moment very well!

• Rosie Scribblah September 4, 2012 at 09:19 #

Thank you – it’s good discipline to draw in these situations because you have to be very quick 🙂

5. Pete Hindle September 4, 2012 at 00:16 #

Oh dear! I fear at the old age of 34, I’m already too old to be ‘swag’.

• Rosie Scribblah September 4, 2012 at 09:18 #

To a thirteen your old, I fear there isn’t any difference between 34 and Methuselah lol