Hot And Steamy

7 Dec

dawn on the road

Another dawn on the road, another glimpse of the morning star. On our last day we went to the Blue Lagoon, a mineral-rich outdoor pool filled with hot volcanic waters. We had to run from the nice warm building out into the freezing cold and then plunge into the lagoon. Lovely.

Blue bridge

The skies were spectacular and the lagoon has beautiful walkways.

Lagoon 1

We arrived early enough to watch the sun rise through the hot steam.

Blue Melvyn

Husb hot and steamy 😀

Blue window

The view through a window……..

Blue roof

….and another window.

10 Responses to “Hot And Steamy”

1. allesistgut December 10, 2012 at 10:58 #

Cool photos. And the sky in the second photo is absolutely awesome!

• Rosie Scribblah December 10, 2012 at 12:28 #

Thanks. I was lucky with the weather conditions 🙂

2. mindofshoo December 8, 2012 at 15:07 #

Wow…breath taking pictures! Amazing! Thanks for sharing.

3. Helen Cherry December 8, 2012 at 01:07 #

I loved the blue lagoon so much wne I was there Rosie.. and these are some of the best photos from there that I have seen. The second one is magnificant with the people just adding scale and perspective..

• Rosie Scribblah December 8, 2012 at 10:44 #

Thanks Helen – I got lucky with the weather conditions……

4. Sketchy on the Detail December 7, 2012 at 22:18 #

Your photos show how amazing it is, I am so jealous. And I love your sketch, you really give a wonderful impression of the beauty of Iceland.

• Rosie Scribblah December 7, 2012 at 23:14 #

Thank you. It was the holiday of a lifetime. Apparently there are opportunities for artist residencies there!