Queueing For A Viewing

17 Dec

17 queueingHusb and I were given free tickets to the cinema this evening, ‘The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty’, with Ben Stiller. I’m not a big fan of Stiller and hated the original ‘Walter Mitty’ film with Danny Kaye but this turned out to be a really good movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially as a lot of it was set in Iceland, one of my favourite places. There was a huge queue in the foyer so I grabbed the chance to practice drawing a group, always good for perspective and proportions. I find it easier to focus on one person to start with and then work out from him / her. Then I pick out that person in a slightly thicker pen to finish off. I used Faber Castell Pitt drawing pens, size F and M into my clothbound A5 sketchbook.

8 Responses to “Queueing For A Viewing”

1. KnitNell December 18, 2013 at 09:10 #

The sketch works well – I have never tried doing quick sketches in a queue but it is certainly a good way to pass the time – I have resorted to crochet on the odd occasion – is it to do with people who fidget too much this need to always be doing something?

• Rosie Scribblah December 18, 2013 at 09:21 #

I guess it’s an opportunity to do what we like at every opportunity πŸ™‚

2. allesistgut December 18, 2013 at 08:44 #

That’s funny, I saw a preview of that movie last Saturday in the cinema (We were watching “The Hobbit”). And I recognized that Iceland thing and was very surprised. Maybe I’ll watch the movie. Happy day! πŸ˜‰

• Rosie Scribblah December 18, 2013 at 09:23 #

It has Greenland too. We both enjoyed the movie. Hoping to see the Hobbit today:)

• allesistgut December 18, 2013 at 09:34 #

Oh Greenland, too. That’s great!
        Enjoy the Hobbit. πŸ˜‰

• Rosie Scribblah December 19, 2013 at 16:43 #

Greenland is on my list of places to visit too.

3. anadjurkovic December 18, 2013 at 02:25 #

Nice sketch. Drawing in public is something that has always made me nervous. I envy you!

• Rosie Scribblah December 18, 2013 at 09:25 #

Thank you. I keep my head down and am rarely noticed.