Grottyness, Creative Blocks And The Cat

5 Jan

I haven’t done anything arty for a couple of days, I’m having some medical treatment at the moment – nothing remotely serious – but I’m feeling a bit grotty and it’s disrupted my creativity – ooh listen to me, how pretentious!!! 😀

Anyway, I thought I’d post this article by Ingrid Christensen from Artsy e-magazine about how artists can overcome creative blocks.

The grottyness should be very temporary so I hope to be back arting tomorrow. In the meanwhile, here’s Sparta Puss.

1419627360960

13 Responses to “Grottyness, Creative Blocks And The Cat”

1. Rosie Scribblah January 6, 2019 at 17:24 #

Thanks Leah. Sparta sends her regards. Nothing serious, just getting a course of CBT for chronic insomnia and it’s getting worse before it gets any better. Should be okay in a week or so.

2. Rosie Scribblah January 6, 2019 at 17:16 #

oooh thanks Leonie, I’ll check it out 🙂

3. Sharon Mann January 6, 2019 at 15:51 #

Get well quickly, Rosie. Sparta looks so serene.

4. Alli Farkas January 6, 2019 at 15:47 #

A good cat image can make up for almost any deficiency.

5. Andrew Sprott January 6, 2019 at 14:59 #

Nice pussy Rosie

6. Helen Cherry January 5, 2019 at 23:32 #

Get well soon Rosie.

• Rosie Scribblah January 6, 2019 at 17:23 #

Thanks Helen. Nothing serious, just getting a course of CBT for chronic insomnia and it’s getting worse before it gets any better. Should be okay in a week or so 🙂

• Helen Cherry January 7, 2019 at 23:57 #

Yes I knew you suffered with insomnia. I’ve seen your middle-of-the-night posts on facebook ! It’s no laughing matter and I hope the CBT helps x

7. Leonie Andrews January 5, 2019 at 22:42 #

Hi Rosie, I don’t know if you will be able to see this online, but I stumbled across this mini set of programs on our national broadcaster and found it interesting as it showed how to make a career out of selling songs on spotify. Seems unlikely but in the process of learning to earn a living this guy manages to pop many of the issues any artist has with creative blocks, being too critical about out work etc etc. I was sqirming at several points but ended up enjoying the story.
    Art Bites: Lessons From A Middle Class Artist : ABC iview
    https://iview.abc.net.au › show › art-bites…

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )