Waiting And Brownies

6 Feb

06 waiting

It’s cold and sunny and I’m feeling well enough to go out for an hour or so as long as I don’t overdo it so today I popped down to County Hall to renew our parking permit. I spotted these ladies opposite while I was waiting. They had very similar distinctive noses and chins and I think they might be sisters or even mother and daughter. Drawn with my Pentel V5 pen into my little A6 blue silk covered sketchbook, used across both pages. Came home absolutely corpsed but after a snooze wrapped up in a blanket and then a cup of tea, I got up and made a tray of peanut butter chocolate brownies for The Husb 🙂

13 Responses to “Waiting And Brownies”

1. Helen Cherry February 10, 2013 at 15:26 #

They are VERY Welsh!

2. GreenCountry Artist February 7, 2013 at 23:47 #

You do have a lucky husband, you are quite the artist, Rosie. I asked you on FB how you manage your hand bang and other stuff to carry around so that when you find the perfect daily sketch you are able to capture it. I get to where I’m carrying a small suitcase around. How do you do it? Aside from obvious abundant self-discipline?

• Rosie Scribblah February 8, 2013 at 15:07 #

I carry a small sketchbook that I can fir into my pocket, usually A6 size or under and I use a Pentel V5 drawing pen. I always have these with me 🙂

3. allesistgut February 7, 2013 at 09:15 #

It’s always cool to see how you use waiting time for sketching. 😉
    Have a nice day!

4. veronicacay February 7, 2013 at 06:51 #

HI Rosie,
    Glad you are up and about again good luck friday night – enjoy! and eat cake for me please 🙂

5. notes to the milkman February 7, 2013 at 01:35 #

Brownies plus cake for the show? Wales will be tipping up and sliding into the Irish Sea!

• Rosie Scribblah February 7, 2013 at 10:59 #

hehe – I don’t think the brownies will survive the onslaught of Husb. He’s manning up …….

6. kate wilson February 6, 2013 at 22:45 #

I think I need the recipe…

7. llamadean93 February 6, 2013 at 22:38 #

You’ve a very lucky husband! ^.^

• Rosie Scribblah February 6, 2013 at 22:44 #

hahaha I think so. He’ll scoff them down then complain all the way to the gym lol