PHEW!

31 Oct

uglv 5

I was back at Swansea Print Workshop this evening to put the final layer of ink onto my monotype – the Process Blue. It’s this final stage that either pulls the whole thing together or results in me sobbing inwardly and resolving to get a job filling shelves in a supermarket instead of ever doing this stupid art thing ever again! But I’m very happy with the final print. And also with the ghost below. I don’t normally like the ghosts but this is quite a strong one. If you have no idea what I’m talking about, there’s an explanation of the technique on my website here.

uglv 6

The piece is based on drawings and research I did into the industrial past in the Lower Swansea Valley and drawings I did of people round the city. If you’re wandering about the graffiti in the piece, come and visit on #uglv on Twitter.

11 Responses to “PHEW!”

1. jhv57 October 29, 2017 at 15:28 #

I usually like my ghosts. Especially those from a juicy monotype. I guess I.go crazy with the first inking. ( must be my painting background).
    Had a fellow artist visit this week. She brought some print mags from the UK. Oh, my. Raptures over the smell of the ink! Can’t wait to get back to printing. Luckily, I had my husband in one of my workshops. He can print a mean Lino. Working small at the moment-don’t need s press.

• Rosie Scribblah October 30, 2017 at 23:35 #

I love the ghosts too. They look quite Impressionistic

2. SiverBlack October 29, 2017 at 04:02 #

Dig it! What size is this piece?

• Rosie Scribblah October 29, 2017 at 04:07 #

Thanks ☺ it’s about 40 cm square, about 16 inches I think

3. kestrelart November 6, 2013 at 00:20 #

Striking image.
    I just left a comment asking about reduction monotypes. However, this post linked me to your explanation. Thank you.
    I so want to try this. I am about to join Birmingham Printmakers to this end.
    You are one of the people inspiring this, though we’ve never met. The power of social media…

• Rosie Scribblah November 8, 2013 at 18:16 #

Thank you. I’m glad you’re coming over to the dark side LOL 😀 . Please do give it a try – if you have any queries I don’t deal with on my website, please get in touch

4. Tin Roof Press November 4, 2013 at 11:36 #

very cool! – that looks like a hanging man. spot on for halloween

• Rosie Scribblah November 8, 2013 at 18:17 #

ooh Now you come to mention it! Didn’t occur to me before lol

5. Alli Farkas November 1, 2013 at 00:21 #

I guess the supermarkets are suffering their loss this time around 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks