Richard The Bird’s Holiday

2 Mar

Richard the bird

Richard, our family parrot, has come to stay for a couple of weeks while his trained monkeys are on holiday. He’s fair game for a scribble, but he’s such a fidget and won’t keep still. I tried him with a Koh I Noor graphite pencil in 8B first, then went back to my comfort zone, a Faber Castell Pitt drawing pen size S for the second page of drawings into my A5 Tate Gallery sketchbook. He’s quite a character and I think it comes out in some of these. He’s beating up a rolled newspaper at the moment, there’s shredded paper all over the floor and the cats won’t go near him!

8 Responses to “Richard The Bird’s Holiday”

1. Lemon March 3, 2015 at 14:12 #

I think you’ve caught Richard’s birdy self quite nicely, even if he is a fidget! ๐Ÿ˜€

2. allesistgut March 3, 2015 at 08:36 #

He looks so cool. And it seems that he wear glasses! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a beautiful day. Sunny Greetings.

• Rosie Scribblah March 3, 2015 at 12:03 #

In his madder moments he looks like he’s wearing a mask lol

3. Leonie Andrews March 3, 2015 at 05:24 #

Richard sounds like quite a personality. Not even parrots sit still for their portrait!

• Rosie Scribblah March 3, 2015 at 07:20 #

He’s very cheeky and the cats don’t know what to make of him

4. paperstew March 2, 2015 at 23:55 #

I can completely tell that Richard is a Senegal parrot from your drawings. They are such mischievous little guys! The second page is so good! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah March 3, 2015 at 07:18 #

Really? Aw thanks. He’s giving the cats a run for their money, he’s so naughty.