Some Days You Can’t

4 Apr

brunswick heads

I try to blog every day but now and again, not often, I’m just too shattered to do a drawing and write up a blog. Yesterday was one of those days. I’m a bit gutted because I haven’t had a day off blogging since the middle of December, but last night I just couldn’t get it together at all. I had a couple of spare drawings as well, but I just had to crawl off to bed, too tired to think. Maybe it’s the clocks going forward!

Never mind, back on form today. Husb and I went to see a new show of painting at The Artswing at Swansea’s Grand Theatre and then nipped to our excellent local pub, The Brunswick, for a swift apple juice and a scribble. Pubs and cafes are great places for sketching faces, these three are very distinctive. I used a dark grey graphite stick into my A5 hardbacked sketchbook.

6 Responses to “Some Days You Can’t”

1. Leonie Andrews April 5, 2015 at 00:13 #

We forgive you! Gosh, don’t apologise, I am impressed that you’ve kept it up so long. I agree with Mrs Daffodil – I think the gent in the upper right also has a fleeting resemblance to Alfred Hitchcock.

• Rosie Scribblah April 5, 2015 at 10:27 #

haha Thanks 🙂 He does look a bit like old Hitchcock, although I didn’t leave myself enough room to draw his rather lush head of curly grey hair. Pity.

• Leonie Andrews April 5, 2015 at 10:32 #

That would definitely have changed the Hitchcockian impression.

• Rosie Scribblah April 5, 2015 at 10:35 #

Yes, it spiralled up on top of a very high forehead, a bit like an icecream I’ll just have to go back to the pub to see if I can find him again. Oh dear 😉

2. mrsdaffodil April 4, 2015 at 23:12 #

I especially like the fellow in the upper right hand corner. He looks like he’s about to pronounce judgement on someone or something.

• Rosie Scribblah April 5, 2015 at 10:26 #

He had one of those faces, quite imposing. Great to draw. In fact, it’s easier to draw people with such extreme features.