A Milestone Reached

5 Apr

favourite man

Had another busy day with the opening of PROCESS, the new exhibition from 15 Hundred Lives, the art collective I’m a member of, at Swansea Museum. Afterwards, Husb and I went to our favourite Chinese restaurant, called Favourite funnily enough, and tucked into a gorgeous authentic meal.They make these lovely tofu balls, crispy on the outside and doughy in the middle. We tried a new dessert, Tang Yuan, little sweet steamed buns that exploded with a gooey sesame sauce in your mouth.

I sketched this chap surreptitiously. I rarely get the chance to draw someone of this size and it was difficult to get the proportions right. I should have made the head deeper and put the ear much further back on the head. Never mind, it’s all about practice and learning. I used a soft grey graphite stick into my A5 hardbacked sketchbook.

Oh and by the way, I posted blog number 1300 yesterday. That’s one heck of a lot of drawings done and published. I’m chuffed πŸ˜€

10 Responses to “A Milestone Reached”

1. paperstew April 7, 2015 at 01:13 #

Congrats Rosie! I’ve always been impressed at your sketching tenacity. Here’s to the next 1300! πŸ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah April 7, 2015 at 02:49 #

Thanks Gale, I am really pleased to have kept it going this far πŸ˜€

2. Nancy Farmer April 6, 2015 at 13:29 #

1300! Wow! well done you! Lovely sketch, though your subject should probably not try the new desert too! πŸ˜‰

3. anna warren portfolio April 6, 2015 at 12:27 #

Love this drawing! You may see inaccuracies, but it really works to someone who hasn’t seen this gentleman!

• Rosie Scribblah April 6, 2015 at 12:45 #

Thank you. It’s always the same with us artists though, never satisfied πŸ˜€

4. Leonie Andrews April 5, 2015 at 23:53 #

Well done you! And apart from your milestone this is a great surreptitious drawing.

5. Helen Cherry April 5, 2015 at 22:14 #

Well done Rosie 1300 is truly amazing !!