Ratstein!

29 Apr

scribbling sparta

Sparta Puss here. I managed to get my paws on the pooter box again. My trained monkeys are still busy faffing around after the rat I brought in to entertain myself. Turns out the wily rodent is some kind of genius; the stupid simians have nicknamed it Ratstein after some supposedly clever hoomin scientist. As if! It’s managed to set off two traps and grab the food without getting caught so now the hairless apes have borrowed a massive trap from some mates. It’s called The Big Cheese and they think it’ll outwit Super-rat. I caught it with just my paws – WITHOUT opposable thumbs, take note – and it’s been outwitting the monkeys for days.

In between running around shrieking like, well, like a monkey, the she-ape has been daubing dirty sticks onto some nice clean paper and claiming that the resulting mess looks like me. Poor thing. She’s deluded. Idiot.

8 Responses to “Ratstein!”

1. paperstew April 30, 2015 at 22:03 #

Sparta, we never have rats at our house, but today I found things “left behind” by a woodrat (aka Pack Rat). I’m hoping it doesn’t come inside. Nigel would probably enjoy it’s company rather than kill it. Fortunately, Wood rats are not quite the same as the Norwegian rats, but I’m still not thrilled. :/

• Rosie Scribblah May 1, 2015 at 03:15 #

Wood rats sound interesting. I wonder if they have the same effect on hairless apes? Nigel is in for a treat. Hah!

2. mrsdaffodil April 30, 2015 at 02:13 #

A feline art critic: the very worst kind!

3. Leonie Andrews April 30, 2015 at 00:25 #

Oh Sparta Puss isn’t watching your feeders fun. I get mine to put me up on the bed for a sleep because I can’t jump that high anymore. Correct selection of hosts is so important for the ongoing comfort and amusement of our noble selves.
    Georgina

• Rosie Scribblah April 30, 2015 at 04:22 #

You’re so right, Georgina and they’re relatively easy to train. Sparta 😁

4. Helen Cherry April 29, 2015 at 22:41 #

haha.. did Rosie catch it Sparta Puss?

• Rosie Scribblah April 29, 2015 at 22:45 #

Nope, still running rings around the stupid simians. Ming and I are very amused.