Working Flat Out

27 Jul

day 1

I’m working flat out for the group exhibition I’m in next month at Oriel Ceri Richards, with Sylvie Evans, collagist and Graham Parker, painter. We’re part of a collective called 15 Hundred Lives and as well as exhibiting together, we do a monthly public access event at the Creative Bubble artspace where we open the doors to anyone who wants to come in and see what it is that artists do all day. It’s our second anniversary at Creative Bubble in August so as well as the exhibition, we’re also putting on a big arty birthday bash. That’s why I’m working flat out!

I’m doing a drawing using the manier noir technique. It’s French for ‘in the dark manner’ but I like to call it Drawing Darkly. Here’s some information about it 🙂

11 Responses to “Working Flat Out”

1. SBosque July 28, 2015 at 19:56 #

What the heck does, “Flat out” mean?

• Rosie Scribblah July 28, 2015 at 20:00 #

ummm what would that be in American? Working at full tilt? Working as hard as you possibly can. I’ve been doing it again today. Shattered now zzzzzzz

• SBosque July 29, 2015 at 21:36 #

Got it…
        get some rest!

• Rosie Scribblah July 29, 2015 at 21:37 #

haha nearly bed time again 🙂

2. kestrelart July 27, 2015 at 23:36 #

Where? When?
    Seriously, I would consider coming to have a look at the exhibition.

• Rosie Scribblah July 27, 2015 at 23:57 #

Thank you Neil, it’s opening on August 21st at Oriel Ceri Richards in Swansea. We’re finalising details for the private view this week so I’ll send out invitations after that 🙂

• kestrelart July 27, 2015 at 23:59 #

Ah
        I’m going to be away until start September then, if it’s open for a few weeks, I’ll try and get there. I’ll google it.
        Bw
        N

• kestrelart July 28, 2015 at 00:02 #

Ok – open til late September. I’ll do my best to get there. We might come en famille!

• Rosie Scribblah July 28, 2015 at 05:32 #

It’s a nice place for a holiday. Gower Peninsula and Brecon Beacons on our doorstep, Pembrokeshire Coastal Path not far. Lots for children to do.

• kestrelart July 28, 2015 at 06:36 #

I remember.
        My Dad worked at Baglan Bay (big refinery or power station kind of thing visible on the coast?) and we lived in Brynmill for a year. First place I’d lived with a bathroom and inside toilet as I remember. I learned a bit of Welsh but then there was a very long teachers strike. We would walk to the Mumbles and pick blackberries on the way.
        Nearly half a century ago.

• Rosie Scribblah July 28, 2015 at 07:00 #

Baglan isn’t far. Quite gentrified now. There’s a lovely walk and cycle path to Mumbles along the seafront and still lots of blackberries.