Watercolour Nude

29 Jul

back view

I don’t often work with paint but now and again I get out my rather lovely box of Winsor & Newton half pan artist watercolours and use them with my Faber Castell Pitt drawing pens, to create colour washes with the line work. I don’t use the watercolours entirely in a ‘traditional’ way, but I tend to use them very choppily, maybe a bit more like gouache.

10 Responses to “Watercolour Nude”

1. Lemon July 30, 2015 at 12:55 #

This is great–I like how you use watercolor. Do some more! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah July 30, 2015 at 13:40 #

Thank you. I have a few more that I might post up ๐Ÿ™‚

2. allesistgut July 30, 2015 at 07:50 #

What a surprise to see something so colourful made by you! It’s great and I want so see such colours more often. And I do really like that choppily style. Greetings from rainy and stormy Baltic Sea! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Rosie Scribblah July 30, 2015 at 08:05 #

Aaaww, we have sunshine! I’m sure it’s coming your way. Thank you for your compliment about my work. I normally post only drawings on my blog and I normally only draw in black and white, but I have quite a few of these watercolours so I might post some more. I also use very bright colours in my large monotype and mixed media work.

• Leonie Andrews July 30, 2015 at 16:50 #

Please post more I think this approach works really well.

• Rosie Scribblah July 30, 2015 at 16:57 #

Okey dokey ๐Ÿ˜€

3. Russell. July 29, 2015 at 21:53 #

Great job Rosie ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope you’re doing great, Russell.

• Rosie Scribblah July 30, 2015 at 04:35 #

Thanks Russell. How are you? Haven’t seen many drawings on your blog recently ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Russell. July 30, 2015 at 04:45 #

I’m fine thanksโ€”up working late. Yes, I’ve been in studio a lot, plan to get more location drawing done in Autumn. Take care, Russell.

• Rosie Scribblah July 30, 2015 at 05:25 #

Oh that’s good news, I love your public drawings so much.