Three Male Nudes

19 Nov

alan 1

Just back from life drawing at Swansea Print Workshop. It’s late now and I’m tired. I did three versions of the same pose in an hour. The first, a straightforward scribbly line with a Faber Castell Pitt drawing pen, size F, into a Daler Rowney A3 cartridge sketchpad.

alan 3

Then I did another line drawing and worked into it with Winsor & Newton artist quality half pan watercolours. I used very stiff sable brushes with a choppy style.

alan 2

And finally, in the last few minutes, I tried drawing directly with brushes, water and water colour.

And now, goodnight πŸ˜€

17 Responses to “Three Male Nudes”

1. kestrelart November 22, 2015 at 21:59 #

The middle one really caught my attention.

• Rosie Scribblah November 22, 2015 at 23:09 #

That’s the one I spent most time on. I’ve been wanting to get back into watercolours for a while now.

2. anna warren portfolio November 21, 2015 at 07:08 #

Love your hands, always so much character.

3. mrsdaffodil November 20, 2015 at 22:02 #

Very strong drawings. I like the feet, arms, hands especially

4. Phil Cooper November 20, 2015 at 17:23 #

Lovely drawings, full of life!

5. allesistgut November 20, 2015 at 09:01 #

I wish I had your talent! Have a lovely weekend! πŸ™‚

6. Problems With Infinity November 20, 2015 at 08:30 #

nice work! I am so so crap at figure drawing! Especially from actual models- I get so embarrassed and can’t look at them! My social awkwardness comes out even when I don’t have to interact with the other person apparently!

• Rosie Scribblah November 20, 2015 at 08:56 #

Hahahaha I really enjoy the diversity of wrinkly bits 😁

• Problems With Infinity November 20, 2015 at 22:02 #

hehe, I would probably enjoy it for a minute and then be like “Oh shit, those are people, they might look at me ahhh!”

• Rosie Scribblah November 22, 2015 at 07:07 #

No, lol, they’re too busy staring at the model’s bits. Unless you bring your chipmunks in your hair πŸ˜‚

7. Leonie Andrews November 20, 2015 at 00:26 #

Well done. It’s hard to maintain such a pitch of concentration throughout the drawing session. I’m sure you slept well after that.