Surreal Scribbles

18 Aug

Husb and I were just listening to the BBC4 concert of music by Ravi Shankar and Phillip Glass, with the awesome Anoushka Shankar playing. It was sublime. I decided to do a bit of automatic drawing,  which the Surrealists did a lot of. I uploaded a photo of a pastel multilayered scribble that I worked on a couple of days ago into the Markers app on my Samsung Galaxy Tablet Note 8. Then I started scribbling along with the music, randomly,  without trying to make the marks look like anything in particular.  I rarely draw from my imagination,  I draw from life, so it’s good for me to let go and give myself a bit of freedom.

8 Responses to “Surreal Scribbles”

1. Leonie Andrews August 27, 2017 at 01:31 #

What a great result. I haven’t tried that yet.

• Rosie Scribblah August 27, 2017 at 08:54 #

It’s great fun too and quite physical, loosens me up creatively and physically

2. outsideauthority August 19, 2017 at 17:29 #

It makes you want to trace the lines and take the journey

3. anna warren portfolio August 19, 2017 at 07:17 #

This is beautiful – I can see music in it, but it could have so many interpretations.

• Rosie Scribblah August 19, 2017 at 08:30 #

Thank you, Anna. It was interesting to see what happened.

4. Diane Heddon August 19, 2017 at 01:32 #

Hi Rosie, myself I have often doodled to music I find it fascinating what turns ot the end of the music while the end result on paper seems so Atherial usually. Thanks for sharing yor imagination with us. regards Diane.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Scribbles, Screens And Sketches | scribblah - August 19, 2017

[…] this week I did some really abstract scribbles, layering random marks of pastels onto paper and today I decided that’s what I would try to […]