Prints, Awards and Bloggers.

8 Apr

Monotype montage: 3 male nudes.

These are large monotypes I did from original drawings from the life drawing group at Swansea Print Workshop. It takes me a full day at the print studio to do each, plus about half a day to work up a scale drawing from my original sketch, which is usually done into a sketchbook. The middle one will be in an exhibition at Art Matters in Tenby in May and the one on the right will be showing in Walcot Chapel Gallery in Bath, July 9 – 15. Other monotypes will also be included in both exhibitions.

I’ve been nominated for a WordPress Versatile Blogger Award by Drew Kail and and Jackie McSween at Pointsthruprose. This is lovely – thanks so much Drew and Jackie.  Drew is an exceptional printmaker working mostly in block printing – amazing work. Jackie coordinates a collective arts blog.

The rules for the award indicate that I must nominate 15 blogs I think are deserving of the Versatile Blogger Award.  All of the blogs I have listed are tremendous and I recommend checking them out.

My nominated blogs are:

1. Rayya the Vet  Moving diary of the life of an Australian vet and her varied patients

2. Doodlemum – Daily drawing blog about a Welsh Mam and her husb, three children, cat and dog. Funny and whimsical.

3. Charcutier – fascinating blog about starting a high class charcuterie business in a remote part of rural West Wales

4. Dave Cropley – lovely life drawings from this talented printmaker

5. Lemon’s Tree – fun and quirky drawings and cartoons about life and stuff

6. Sticks, Stones and Paper Stew Blog – warm, human, humane, arty

7. Ziggy Shortcrust – a bit bonkers 🙂

8. Karasartisticaladventures – gorgeous whimsical arty blog

9. Hellopalz  – such a lovely, warm and varied blog

10. Artyboy68 – wonderful daily portraits

11. Hansishallucinations – bonkers! 🙂

12. Rubicorno – phantastic phone photography

13. Blumbago – gorgeous paintings and drawings

14. Grubbygrrrl’s 365 cats – as it says 🙂

15. J Hladik Voss – absolutely bonkers Barbie tableaux and other stuff

It was very hard choosing just 15 out of the 90 blogs I follow but I tried to pick those that publish regularly and have the most varied content. Please forgive me if I didn’t include yours.

Here are the rules:

If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.

•  Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
  •  Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
  •  Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
  •  Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
  •  Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

versatile blogger award

Nominated bloggers don’t have to participate.  I nominated each of these because I feel their blogs deserve to be recognized, read and followed.

Seven things about me:

1. I’m a mad cat lady

2. I love living by the sea – I love it’s smell

3. I’m a rock chick – old school, prog, metal, grunge – love it all [except 1980’s poodle rock]

4. I love making cakes but I don’t like eating them

5. I like watching world-class rugby

6. I’m a tea addict

7. I find weather fascinating [just realised how very British the last three are lol]

23 Responses to “Prints, Awards and Bloggers.”

1. jhv57 April 10, 2012 at 16:12 #

http://jhladikvoss57.wordpress.com/ This is the link to my blog–
    Judith

2. jhv57 April 10, 2012 at 16:10 #

Thanks for the nomination! I posted my response today. Along with my 7 things! I have been thinking about reviving this blog–you gave me the push I needed.

3. Hansi April 9, 2012 at 22:44 #

Thanks for the mention. it’s been a great joy finding other bloggers who are posting their drawings and artwork for all to see. I enjoy seeing what you are doing, Ziggy, Lemon Tree, Snoring Dog Studio and Doodlemum on a daily basis. For me, the old blog is like having my own online gallery. I’m off to check-out those folks you mentioned that I’m not familiar with. Keep on scribbling girl 🙂

4. charcutierltd April 9, 2012 at 14:03 #

Thanks Rose!!! I’ve done my bit and listed some nominees: http://charcutierltd.wordpress.com/2012/04/09/bank-holiday-classic-vans-bacon-foie-gras-and-blog-awards/

5. dmcropley April 9, 2012 at 11:08 #

Thanks for the Thought Rosie 😀 xx Mwah!

6. Hellopalz April 9, 2012 at 05:25 #

Congratz and thank you so much for nominating me! I’m glad your find my blog versatile 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah April 9, 2012 at 11:58 #

I love your blog 🙂

• Hellopalz April 9, 2012 at 16:17 #

Thanks again!….i’m pondering over the next 15. 🙂

• Rosie Scribblah April 9, 2012 at 21:19 #

It’s tough choosing because there are so many excellent bloggers

7. Magill April 9, 2012 at 00:18 #

Thank you SO much. Also, it was great to find some new blogs to follow. Cheers! 🙂

8. karasartisticaladventures April 8, 2012 at 23:22 #

I just learn’t 3 things about you that i didn’t know! and cheers! 😀
    p.s how do i do a link in my blogs? summat to do with is it? i can’t remember!

• Rosie Scribblah April 8, 2012 at 23:29 #

What are those 3 things then?Not the one about a mad cat lady lol. For links, first copy the URL you want to link to. There’s a link tool on the horizontal toolbar at the top of the box where you write your blog. It’s a bit like a couple of links of a chain – or a small handcuffs. You block the text you want for the link and then click on the chain icon and it puts up a little box, where you paste the URL you copied.

• karasartisticaladventures April 8, 2012 at 23:33 #

sea smell, weather, tea addict!
        Thanks i didn’t know that i shall try it out tomorrow, hopefully i shall blog again then, having not blogged for ages i’m suddenly having a burst!

9. ziggyshortcrust April 8, 2012 at 23:09 #

Shucks….thank you.

10. Rosie Scribblah April 9, 2012 at 21:18 #

Thanks Illtud. I love your blog 🙂

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Bank Holiday = classic vans, bacon, foie gras and blog awards. | Charcutier - April 9, 2012

[…] Lastly, when I got up this morning I had a wonderful surprise. Rose, who I mentioned in the Meat for Art post has nominated the blog as part of the Versatile Blogger Awards. Check out her other nominees! […]