Big Paw, Little Boots

28 Jan

28 big paw

I’m past the exhausted, bed-ridden phase of the lurgi and I’m quite alert but the downside is that I’m awake to feel every miserable symptom. The medications don’t seem to be helping much any more so I’m trying to take my mind off it by sketching Husb and his boots. Sparta likes this little blue silk sketchbook because it has a ribbon with a glass bead to mark the pages. It keeps her entertained for ages. Tomorrow, I’m throwing in the towel and going to see the doctor. I normally let things run their course but I’ve had this lurgi for 10 days now and it’s not getting better. I’ve got too much to do – I can’t afford to be ill.

12 Responses to “Big Paw, Little Boots”

1. woman walking slowly January 29, 2013 at 21:18 #

I enjoy keeping up with Tales of Sparta. I hope you feel better soon.

2. paperstew January 29, 2013 at 20:19 #

Get better! Of course, I’m pretty certain the cats are rather happy to have a warm lap to sit on. They are probably hoping you stay ill for a while longer. 😉

• Rosie Scribblah January 29, 2013 at 22:47 #

Yeah, I’ve got a hot water bottle nestling on my lap under a woolly blankie, so they’re all sorted!

3. Lemon January 29, 2013 at 20:13 #

Dang, Rosie, you have had a rough time…flu? I hope you feel better very soon, and Sparta-Puss takes care of her she-monkey during her lurgi. 😉

• Rosie Scribblah January 29, 2013 at 22:46 #

Thanks 🙂 The doctor has kitted me out and I’m starting to feel better now.

4. The Blithering Idiot January 29, 2013 at 04:03 #

Your foreshortening was so good it fooled the cat too.

5. notes to the milkman January 28, 2013 at 23:09 #

Sparta, the she-monkey needs a present to get her going. Can’t you find her something with four legs that squeaks?

6. llamadean93 January 28, 2013 at 21:32 #

Lovely cat you have! Brilliant sketch too!

Just thought I’d let you know that you’ve been awarded the Very Inspiring Blog Award by me, check it out: http://deanzwordz.wordpress.com/2013/01/28/inspiring-blog-award-surprise/
    Congrats!