Digital Head

16 Sep

1379337605618

I went on a train journey earlier today and had a bit of a scribble on my Galaxy Tablet. Trains are great for drawing because I can take sneaky looks at people. I was visiting the print collection at Pomegranate Fine Art in Cardiff, possibly the finest collection of contemporary original British prints in Wales.

I sketched with a Magic Marker app but I’m getting a bit bored with it as it’s very basic and not very subtle. I prefer my paper sketchbooks.

8 Responses to “Digital Head”

1. seascapesaus September 17, 2013 at 19:59 #

So it is easier to pretend you are playing a game on the tablet than composing a shopping list on the sketchpad? (It does feel a bit exposed at times with pen and paper).

• Rosie Scribblah September 17, 2013 at 22:17 #

I think I’m one of those people who fades into the background 🙂

2. Hansi September 17, 2013 at 14:51 #

Of all the digital art I’ve seen on blogs, yours actually looks like a human did it.

• Rosie Scribblah September 17, 2013 at 22:17 #

aw thank you. I’m trying 😀 It’s very convenient when I’m out and about, but I still prefer a proper sketchbook with paper

3. Lynn Howarth September 16, 2013 at 23:59 #

Hey Rosie try Sketchbook Pro or ProCreate or Artrage – all of those apps are amazing! Especially ProCreate. Im not sure if its available for other tablets yet though as it was only developed for the iPad. I use my iPad a lot to sketch in and get ideas down quickly before I forget them – colour notes – compositions etc. Its so immediate!

4. notes to the milkman September 16, 2013 at 22:43 #