For The Love Of Paper

6 Jun

hannah

I’m cracking on with my silkscreens of women artists, completing another 2 editions today,  Hannah Höch, a Berlin Dadaist and pioneer of collage and photomontage and Gabriele Münter, a German Expressionist painter. I’m printing in editions of 25 and hope to complete eight editions to take to the London Art Car Boot Fair on June the 14th. These are numbers 4 and 5 of the final 8.

gabriele drying

I’m using Speedball Diazo Drawing Fluid to paint the image onto the screens and completing the stencil with their liquid filler. I have been using Daler Rowney System 3 acrylic process black pigment mixed with Screen Printing Medium in a ration of one third to two thirds, pigment to medium. I am printing on some beautiful handmade vintage paper by W.H. Saunders, a British mill that unfortunately no longer exists. It’s a medium weight, slightly textured creamy deckle-edged paper. Ooooh I love paper. I love it!

8 Responses to “For The Love Of Paper”

1. kestrelart June 9, 2015 at 22:56 #

This sale looks fun

2. Lemon June 8, 2015 at 13:52 #

I really am enjoying your screenprinted artists. Keep going! 😀

• Rosie Scribblah June 9, 2015 at 05:30 #

Thank you. I have nearly finished this series and then I have to move on to something completely different for an exhibition in the Autumn, but I hope to return to these later in the year 😊

3. humphries346 June 7, 2015 at 12:02 #

Reblogged this on Art History blog.

4. humphries346 June 7, 2015 at 12:02 #

Funny you should Mention Hannah Hoch , a great German Dadaist, who I studied for my art History Degree with other great German Artists like John Heartfield and George Groz not ro mention Otto Dix , Well Done Laurence

• Rosie Scribblah June 7, 2015 at 23:46 #