Pasta Printing Press – The Video (with added cat)

10 Jul

Cat printing 2

A short video showing the process of printing a drypoint with a recycled pasta making machine. It’s easy. The video is just over 4 minutes long and features my cat as well.

Please try it, it’s very easy and convenient ๐Ÿ™‚

23 Responses to “Pasta Printing Press – The Video (with added cat)”

1. mudhooks (Anneke) March 18, 2016 at 02:39 #

This is wonderful!! I have wanted to get back into printmaking but haven’t the space for a press. I saw your video come up in my feed onFacebook. can see all sorts of possibilities for this! Thank you SO much for sharing!

• Rosie Scribblah March 18, 2016 at 05:10 #

You’re very welcome Anneke. I’m glad you’re getting back into printmaking. If you have any problems, please let me know ๐Ÿ˜Š

• mudhooks March 18, 2016 at 14:53 #

Thanks!!

I just found a pasta maker for next to nothing a few minutes ago. Next, I have to get the rest of the materials.

• Rosie Scribblah March 18, 2016 at 19:52 #

I use the paper drypoint plates and drypoint shop mix oil-based printing ink from Intaglio Printmakers in London ๐Ÿ™‚

• mudhooks March 18, 2016 at 21:48 #

I am in Canada. Luckily. There’s an art supply store in town I can get it the ink and plates, there.

2. Sue Pownall July 30, 2015 at 07:38 #

Love your video… someine shared it on facebook. What did you use as your plate?

• Rosie Scribblah July 30, 2015 at 08:08 #

Thank you Sue. I used a paper drypoint plate from Intaglio Printmakers in London. Very cheap and easy. I will be doing another short video soon on using these paper plates with both a pasta press and conventional etching press. Glad you like it ๐Ÿ˜Š

3. donnasandsartblog July 17, 2015 at 16:21 #

I love your posts and look forward to seeing them! I can’t run the video on this one! boohoo!

• Rosie Scribblah July 17, 2015 at 17:15 #

oh dear, is it because you live in a place where YouTube is banned or is it just not showing up? If you don’t have access to YouTube, Husb is about to put my videos onto Vimeo as well as YouTube. Hope that helps ๐Ÿ˜€

4. Linda Cote July 13, 2015 at 15:29 #

I love this, Rosie! I have a pasta machine that hardly gets any use. Will have to try this!! I may have to buy toaster tongs (LOL) though. Love your cat at the end! Thanks for the wonderful video!

• Rosie Scribblah July 13, 2015 at 16:23 #

You’re very welcome Linda. I hope you give it a go, it’s so easy – even with the cat ๐Ÿ˜‰

5. allesistgut July 13, 2015 at 08:00 #

The video is really awesome!!! Happy Monday! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Rosie Scribblah July 13, 2015 at 10:14 #

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜€ Hope you have a nice day – sending lots of rain over, I’m afraid ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

6. Leonie Andrews July 12, 2015 at 09:11 #

She loves to help, cat-wise, by sitting on whatever I’m doing.

7. Leonie Andrews July 12, 2015 at 01:51 #

Thanks for the demonstration, not to mention assistance from Sparta puss. My moggie was meowing as I watched – just peeved because she wasn’t getting my full attention!

• Rosie Scribblah July 12, 2015 at 08:32 #

Aaawww, you’ll have to get her to help you, so she doesn’t feel left out ๐Ÿ˜€

8. paperstew July 10, 2015 at 19:27 #

That was lovely! So, what are you using to film your work?
    I’m going to have to check out those little drypoint plates. Looks much easier to use than the traditional metal plates. Can you use metal plates through the pasta machine?
    Nigel says “Hi” to Ms Sparta P. I bet she won’t even talk to him now that she’s a star! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Rosie Scribblah July 11, 2015 at 08:43 #

Hiya Gale, Husb filmed it on his Samsung Galaxy S3 phone and edited on Adobe Premiere. I haven’t tried metal plates yet as I always use the paper ones these days, cheaper and easier. Message me your address and I will pop a piece in the post for you. Sparta says “Hi” back to Nigel, but in a very condescending manner ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Mary July 10, 2015 at 19:13 #

Sparta Puss is clearly the star of this show!
    Thanks for the nice video tutorial, Rosie. Great to hear your voice again!

• Rosie Scribblah July 11, 2015 at 08:39 #

Oh, don’t encourage her ๐Ÿ˜‰. I’m going to be doing more visible, but don’t tell the cat!

10. Debbie July 10, 2015 at 18:07 #

Thanks so much for the video. I love learning a new way of making prints without a press.