Badge-eater

5 Aug

badger

I ran a short course in using a pasta maker as a printing press at Swansea Print Workshop today. We used paper drypoint plates to make miniature prints. I very quickly re-sketched a drawing of a badger from my sketchbook and cut it into the plate with a drypoint tool. The nose is a bit too long, it’s almost an anteater – a badge-eater! πŸ˜€

Here are some more photos, from inking the plate to the finished prints. Click here for a step-by-step record of the process and here to see it done on video.

8 Responses to “Badge-eater”

1. Mary cairns August 6, 2015 at 16:29 #

How WONDERFUL ! I am going to try this with my students at El Cachete in 3 weeks . Thanks for posting this !

2. SWDGlass August 6, 2015 at 13:13 #

Rosie thank you just SO much for running the Pasta Machine Printing Workshop at Swansea print yesterday!😊

I learned lots and had such fun doing so, I loved working to a smaller scale and doing so has generated so many ideas and plans I had to write again and tell you!

Looking forward to your next workshop!

Sian πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

PS I loved my crow and tiny teapot too!!

• Rosie Scribblah August 6, 2015 at 13:26 #

Thank you Sian, it was great working with such a lovely and motivated group of people. I’m going to do some experimentation and maybe do a few more ‘miniatures’ days using different media. Watch this space πŸ˜€

3. allesistgut August 6, 2015 at 07:49 #

It’s still really amazing what comes out of the paste press. Those are lovely prints. Have a great day!

• Rosie Scribblah August 6, 2015 at 09:51 #

Thank you. We had fun and the people on the course are inspired to go and do their own at home πŸ™‚

4. Jennifer Nichole Wells August 5, 2015 at 21:52 #

I never thought of using a pasta maker for this. Genius!