Creatively Bubbling

16 Aug

faces 2

A new drawing for my upcoming exhibition at Oriel Ceri Richards from Friday August the 21st.

For 2 years the “15 Hundred Lives” art collective that I am part of has been running public access art events monthly at the Creative Bubble artspace in Swansea’s city centre. Each month we have guest artists working with us and it’s a privilege to have worked with 26 guests since we started and interacted with hundreds and hundreds of visitors, members of the public who have seen us on Facebook or on this blog or in the local paper and have come in to see what it is that artists do all day and how we do it.

This month we celebrated our second birthday and our guests, Jacki Phillips and Melanie Ezra, thrilled our many visitors with their fine art knitting and multi-layered collage respectively. And we had so many people coming in and engaging directly with artists and art in the making. It’s fabulous. We are so committed to demystifying art and making it inclusive and accessible and this great venue, a partnership between University of Wales Trinity Saint Davids and Swansea City Council, is making it happen. I love doing this. I love meeting people and explaining what I’m doing.

8 Responses to “Creatively Bubbling”

1. Problems With Infinity August 20, 2015 at 05:32 #

I love this drawing! Really intriguing- I wish I could draw like this!

• Rosie Scribblah August 20, 2015 at 08:06 #

Thank you. It’s a new departure for me, drawing from my imagination instead of from life. I am enjoying it but it’s well out of my comfort zone. 😊

2. allesistgut August 17, 2015 at 07:38 #

Great. And I saw a glimps of the cake you offered. 😉 Have a happy week!

• Rosie Scribblah August 17, 2015 at 17:18 #

I’ve been making cake all week! I’m all caked out! Have a lovely week 😀

3. Leonie Andrews August 16, 2015 at 23:41 #

A fantastic initiative, I’d like to see more of the same here.

• Rosie Scribblah August 17, 2015 at 06:40 #

Getting a free venue is the hardest bit

• Leonie Andrews August 17, 2015 at 09:03 #

Yes I was wondering about that. Perhaps something I can raise with some of the groups I belong to.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 1500 Lives | Sticky Fingers On Paper - August 17, 2015

[…] Creatively Bubbling.I dare say I would be if I were in Swansea right now. […]