Walk, Draw, Gong.

23 Sep
walkdraw 1

The labyrinth with my ongoing drawing on the wall

Today is the Autumn Equinox and The Bagpuss Window featured a labyrinth made from bark and gong music from David Pitt. Visitors were invited to walk the labyrinth while David played gong. I had a go. It’s very meditative. It helped me loosen up as I did some more work on my big wall drawing.

walkdraw 2

Walking the labyrinth with David Pitt on gongs

I’m loving what’s happening at The Bagpuss Window. When I picked up the keys to the old shop at the beginning of the month, I had no idea so many lovely artists would get involved. It’s been a brilliant experience.

8 Responses to “Walk, Draw, Gong.”

1. Kate Fern September 25, 2015 at 13:47 #

I love the first photo with the spiral on the floor and receding corridor drawing on the wall, gorgeous space.

• Rosie Scribblah September 26, 2015 at 10:03 #

Thank you Fern. It’s been great being there. Only a few more days and then it’ll be knocked down.

2. garym6059 September 24, 2015 at 14:28 #

That looks neat!

3. susieliddle September 24, 2015 at 08:18 #

It’s just fabulous. What a hive of creativity you have made and sadly the sign up in the top corner tells the final tale….is that part of the installation I wonder or serendipity…

• Rosie Scribblah September 24, 2015 at 08:43 #

Thanks Susie. We decided to leave all the signage up as it fitted with the short-term nature of the space. It’s okay though, I think it might lose its impact if it was permanent. The concept can be recreated anywhere so I’m already looking for some new old space if you see what I mean 🙂

• David Pitt September 24, 2015 at 21:42 #

Everything Must Go = All Things Must Pass

• Rosie Scribblah September 26, 2015 at 10:03 #

The phoenix will rise from the ashes